UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Hello, I'm sorry for my bad english.
First i would like to thank you very much for your awesome work !

Then i don't find a solution to my problem...
I removed the blue background from my avatar, it worked with your tip, everywhere in the forum except for the members profile page... (i edited style properties, general avatar adding background transparency).
Could you help me please ?
eb80f56144.jpg

Hello, I'm sorry for my bad english.
First i would like to thank you very much for your awesome work !

Then i don't find a solution to my problem...
I removed the blue background from my avatar, it worked with your tip, everywhere in the forum except for the members profile page... (i edited style properties, general avatar adding background transparency).
Could you help me please ?
eb80f56144.jpg
Hello @forumdesados, I will be helping you out with the issue you are having. As this will be in english translation you are welcome to use a translator if needed to better under this :)

Please follow these steps one by one to better correct this problem.

Step 1: Go to your administrative panel and sign in.

Step 2: Click on the "Appearance Tab" before clicking "Styles".

Step 3: Look for the forum style your wanting to edit and click on "Style Properties"

Step 4: Click on "Color Palette" to edit your coloring of different parts of your theme.

Step 5: After you click on that, look for the color palette known as "@uix_primaryColor" and change that color to white or whatever you like. This should correct your issue as I have tried this and it changed the background color for such images that have a transparent background.

I hope this help's you figure out the issue you are having, if you have any questions or concerns please reply here or send a ticket to our support portal! Have a wonderful day and thank you for choosing Themehouse! Goodluck with your community!

Hello @Dalton thank you very much for your help !

I tried your solution and i'm afraid it didn't work... I just wanted to see a preview of your solution and the problem is :
If i edit the primarycolor in ad Styler, the avatar-background is white but also the buttons, search background etc. And that's not what i want.

I only want to delete the avatar background in the profile view.

So far i edited that page of the style and it worked for everywhere except for the profile view even if i modify the color under "Arrière-plan" (it means background in french).
9b780beda3.png

Thank you guys, sorry if my way to express myself seems rude but I translate from french.

Hello @Dalton thank you very much for your help !

I tried your solution and i'm afraid it didn't work... I just wanted to see a preview of your solution and the problem is :
If i edit the primarycolor in ad Styler, the avatar-background is white but also the buttons, search background etc. And that's not what i want.

I only want to delete the avatar background in the profile view.

So far i edited that page of the style and it worked for everywhere except for the profile view even if i modify the color under "Arrière-plan" (it means background in french).
9b780beda3.png

Thank you guys, sorry if my way to express myself seems rude but I translate from french.
Okay, I am sorry my way didn't help but let's see if one of our developers maybe able to troubleshoot your issue and give you a better way to fix this. Hope to clear this issue out soon!

I hope this gets fixed as the last issue I had wasn't even replied to.. :\

On profile posts/recent activity/posts/information the page feels incomplete. This apply's to both light/dark.

The avatars are pushed right against the edge same as text. I could have sworn it used to look better.

It needs padding out etc and styling to fit the rest.

YvtX.png

Something padded out like this which make this look 100% better,

Y5UT.png

I hope this gets fixed as the last issue I had wasn't even replied to.. :\

On profile posts/recent activity/posts/information the page feels incomplete. This apply's to both light/dark.

The avatars are pushed right against the edge same as text. I could have sworn it used to look better.

It needs padding out etc and styling to fit the rest.

YvtX.png

Something padded out like this which make this look 100% better,

Y5UT.png
Agreed, added to bugs. Not sure why its being displayed like that. You are using UI.X Dark, correct?

Reactions: W.D
I had couple of questions on the style:

1. I have chosen covered in global settings and have chosen the Navigation Bar to be sticky at top. I don't want the logo section and the user / mod bar to be covered. These two should be same width as the rest of the forum. What settings do I need to change to make that happen. I have gone through the documentation but could not find anything to this effect.

2. In the style, how do I find out which section uses what color from the color pallet?

Agreed, added to bugs. Not sure why its being displayed like that. You are using UI.X Dark, correct?

I use both and have 2 licenses to each. (Although I need to renew one :p)

EDIT: Also the bottom image was from an old custom theme that's why it's darker. Sadly the dev decided to just leave without warning so that one was dropped lol.

If you want to look at it / copy anything feel free to message me and I'll put a demo board up for you with it on.

Last edited:
@Mike Creuzer I thought this had been discussed before and I'm on my phone so forgive me if my search wasn't thorough enough, but is there a way to expand out the admin menu once the site goes responsive? In full width, each section (posts/reports/users) is visible, but as soon as you go smaller, it's all hidden under the menu which requires a click/tap, even though there's plenty of space for each section to display.

It's one of those small things that drives me nutty when trying to mod from my phone, especially when a couple post reports or something are open for a little while, leaving a red number there but not being able to quickly see what the number represents.

I had couple of questions on the style:

1. I have chosen covered in global settings and have chosen the Navigation Bar to be sticky at top. I don't want the logo section and the user / mod bar to be covered. These two should be same width as the rest of the forum. What settings do I need to change to make that happen. I have gone through the documentation but could not find anything to this effect.

There isn't a setting for this. Even though there should be, the reason for why we didnt is complicated.

The best way is to simply edit the navigation and make that one covered. Depends on what you want more of: covered or boxed (default). So if you want JUST navigation full distance, then Id actually make the default page style default and then edit the navigation to make it covered.

2. In the style, how do I find out which section uses what color from the color pallet?

The best way is, in your child theme, just change the color in question to bright red and see what it does :P. Thats what I do in fact if Im on a theme I didnt create. We made the palette logical so you should understand fairly easily after doing this what all does what.

@Mike Creuzer I thought this had been discussed before and I'm on my phone so forgive me if my search wasn't thorough enough, but is there a way to expand out the admin menu once the site goes responsive? In full width, each section (posts/reports/users) is visible, but as soon as you go smaller, it's all hidden under the menu which requires a click/tap, even though there's plenty of space for each section to display.

It's one of those small things that drives me nutty when trying to mod from my phone, especially when a couple post reports or something are open for a little while, leaving a red number there but not being able to quickly see what the number represents.

There is a variable which can modify when this is collapses into a menu. I believe its under UI.X Userbar. If you set it to 0 you can actually disable it every collapsing. Let me know if that is what you were looking for.

There is a variable which can modify when this is collapses into a menu. I believe its under UI.X Userbar. If you set it to 0 you can actually disable it every collapsing. Let me know if that is what you were looking for.

Found it! Thanks. Seems odd that this isn't default, admin link + reports + moderated posts + moderated users only stretches halfway across my phone screen.

But no matter, it's working now :)

There isn't a setting for this. Even though there should be, the reason for why we didnt is complicated.

The best way is to simply edit the navigation and make that one covered. Depends on what you want more of: covered or boxed (default). So if you want JUST navigation full distance, then Id actually make the default page style default and then edit the navigation to make it covered.

I know it's a bit of a stupid question, but how do I make an element covered / boxed? I have already spent too much time on making the navigation covered so I would like to make the header logo and user bar boxed.

I know it's a bit of a stupid question, but how do I make an element covered / boxed? I have already spent too much time on making the navigation covered so I would like to make the header logo and user bar boxed.
Fundamentally you just switch <div class="pageContent"> with <div class="pageWidth">

There should be conditionals in the template that do this so you can modify that or just remove it and do this instead. Either or.

Found it! Thanks. Seems odd that this isn't default, admin link + reports + moderated posts + moderated users only stretches halfway across my phone screen.

But no matter, it's working now :)

Are you on like a 6/7+? :P

thumb.png

Bug, need to fix Birthday line

Only happens with centennials, and there are only 50k of those. The amount of those people using forums is so low that,...just kidding of course but yeah the best way to fix that is just reduce font-size. I didn't do it globally since 99% of the time it doesn't break and looks better at that font-size. You can also make the profile sidebar a bit wider, either or. I left that alone in the framework as well, just for simplicity.

Hi. Is there a Style Setting to set different colors to NodeCats in forum_list?
Sorry if that has been asked already but i did not got through all 335 Pages

Last edited:
On mobile, android 6.0.1, on both the android stock browser and chrome, when you go to edit any post, the edit box is covering half of the text area when you cant edit that part. Same thing on slightly older IOS releases too. I can actually see this on a desktop, as the menu isn't going away when the edit window appears, so for a mobile it would be worse for screen real estate. This is making my site unusable in editing for 55% of my users.

View attachment 141681

View attachment 141682

This is causing issues with my members as well. Anyone have a fix?

On mobile, android 6.0.1, on both the android stock browser and chrome, when you go to edit any post, the edit box is covering half of the text area when you cant edit that part. Same thing on slightly older IOS releases too. I can actually see this on a desktop, as the menu isn't going away when the edit window appears, so for a mobile it would be worse for screen real estate. This is making my site unusable in editing for 55% of my users.

View attachment 141681

View attachment 141682

I've just noticed this following @BamaStangGuy quoting your post. In fact it seems to affect Android 5.1.1 as well as 6.0.1 (I have both). Tested using Chrome. Tagging @Mike Creuzer and @Jake B. as the issue seems to have been missed in amongst the posts.

Top Bottom