UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Not only yours ;) Hovering over a Tab pulls down the Menu. A second click to the tab is needed to go to the sections root. I have a lot of complains too and would prefer the way to get the dropdown just by hovering the arrow. Kinda logical.
Seems there is no support for so i will find a way myself to get this solved

Last edited:
If the question is, how do you disable the drop down entirely, that's right in the UIX settings.

Under the UIX navigation settings, uncheck "show dropdown arrows" and the tabs will stop being dropdowns altogether. That's the way I have my forum set up.

That's not the same as hovering over the arrow but it fixes the double clicking issue.

I tried installing UIX on my XF 1.4.5 site (to install an Audentio theme) but it put me into a never ending manual rebuild process (took hours). I ended up aborting the manual rebuild process and uninstalling UIX. Unfortunately, I now get the following error message when trying to install any add-ons, and I'm unable to successfully install any add-ons as a result.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue so that I can install add-ons once again? Thank you.

An exception occurred: xenforo.css - Line 77: Invalid math expression in /home/civicx/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 991

XenForo_Template_Compiler->getNewCompilerException() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/Calc.php at line 189
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Function_Calc->_parseMathExpression() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/Calc.php at line 105
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Function_Calc->_parseMathExpression() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/Calc.php at line 55
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Function_Calc->compile() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 700
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileFunction() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 576
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegment() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 509
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegments() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 422
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileIntoVariable() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Tag/Include.php at line 113
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Tag_Include->compile() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 641
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileTag() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 570
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegment() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 509
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegments() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 372
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileParsed() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1600
XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1479
XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1328
XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1267
XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/Deferred/Template.php at line 36
XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 294
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 428
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 373
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 50
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 597
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/civicx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

@DGG what version of UI.X are you trying to install? If it's the latest version then that could be the problem, the UI.X version number indicates the version of XenForo that it goes with (near enough anyway.

You'd need to either install the UI.X version that goes with XenForo 1.4.5 or upgrade your site to the latest version of XenForo.

Hi @Martok yes, that's what happened. I tried to install the latest UIX version instead of the one for XF 1.4.5.

After I aborted the install of the wrong UIX version I also uninstalled whatever incomplete UIX was listed in my add-ons list, so there is currently no UIX in my add-on list.

What should I do next? Would installing the UIX version for XF 1.4.5 get rid of these errors? I don't wish to upgrade to the latest XF version.

Thanks.

Hi @Martok yes, that's what happened. I tried to install the latest UIX version instead of the one for XF 1.4.5.

After I aborted the install of the wrong UIX version I also uninstalled whatever incomplete UIX was listed in my add-ons list, so there is currently no UIX in my add-on list.

What should I do next? Would installing the UIX version for XF 1.4.5 get rid of these errors? I don't wish to upgrade to the latest XF version.

Thanks.
How did you uninstall UI.X? Was it in the correct way ie from the list of Installed Add-ons, using the uninstall option there?

Have you tried rebuilding the Master data?

How did you uninstall UI.X? Was it in the correct way ie from the list of Installed Add-ons, using the uninstall option there?

Have you tried rebuilding the Master data?

Yes, I uninstalled it from my list of add-ons. Even though I aborted the manual rebuild process during installation, UIX showed up on my installed add-on list, where I then uninstalled it from.

Can someone from Audentio confirm if I should try rebuilding master data as a remedy? And/or if there's something else I should do?

Thanks.

Can someone from Audentio confirm if I should try rebuilding master data as a remedy? And/or if there's something else I should do?

Thanks.

Filing a support ticket us usually the fastest way that I can get a response from them.

Can you only use font awesome for the logo icon and text logo?

How do I use an icon that's not font awesome.

Apologies I still cannot replicate this bug. Can someone provide a step by step process? I agree its a bug but Im just not seeing it. It could be device specific.

Apologies I still cannot replicate this bug. Can someone provide a step by step process? I agree its a bug but Im just not seeing it. It could be device specific.

Quite Easy. Add a new Post, save it and then Edit it. The Edit Popup will be always displayed.
Should also "work" if u just edit an existing Post
Just if my mobile goes to Main Screen and i go back to the Page the Popup disappears

Yep, same for me. When you click the tools, the hit edit, the post editing window appears underneath the tools pop-up. Every time as far as I can tell.

Quite Easy. Add a new Post, save it and then Edit it. The Edit Popup will be always displayed.
Should also "work" if u just edit an existing Post
Just if my mobile goes to Main Screen and i go back to the Page the Popup disappears

Yep, same for me. When you click the tools, the hit edit, the post editing window appears underneath the tools pop-up. Every time as far as I can tell.

But it goes away on focus. I agree this is not idea. Default theme does this as well, just I've noticed not as often.

Its important to note we do not touch default xenforo.popUp or .modal methods at all. But of course Ill look into this. I have indeed replicated it, just not what I was expecting.

I´ve activated the "Fixed Jump To Top" and "Fixed Jump To Bottom" Buttons
But there is still this little JumpToTop Arrow at the Forums End (Right Side)
Is there any setting to hide it?

I´ve activated the "Fixed Jump To Top" and "Fixed Jump To Bottom" Buttons
But there is still this little JumpToTop Arrow at the Forums End (Right Side)
Is there any setting to hide it?

There is not, no. Editing footer template and commenting out that trigger should work fine though, its just a small piece of code.

Any news on UI.X for WordPress?

We have begun yes, we are working on our new site at http://www.themehouse.com (launching in the coming days, hopefully before new year :P) and then we are moving full force into XF2 when it releases and WP framework.

@Mike Creuzer have you replicated the tools menu layering bug? Just curious - it's one of those things that doesn't affect me much of the time but is maddening when it does, and it sounded like you were not seeing the issue where it doesn't go away when focusing on the edit box.

Top Bottom