UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Hello @Mike Creuzer what is the latest version of the UI.X Addon? Is it 1.0.12b? Is that I was under the impression that the version number here 1.5.10.0 was for the add-on, but it seems like it's for the style itself. Can you please confirm?

Also, there seem to be a conflict with UI.X and [XFA] Background Chooser 3.0.0 where I can not set a background while using UI.X, but it works for every other style. I have contact XFA about this issue, but I figure I would let you guys know as well since I'm not sure what it's causing it exactly.

Thanks!

Hello @Mike Creuzer what is the latest version of the UI.X Addon? Is it 1.0.12b? Is that I was under the impression that the version number here 1.5.10.0 was for the add-on, but it seems like it's for the style itself. Can you please confirm?

Also, there seem to be a conflict with UI.X and [XFA] Background Chooser 3.0.0 where I can not set a background while using UI.X, but it works for every other style. I have contact XFA about this issue, but I figure I would let you guys know as well since I'm not sure what it's causing it exactly.

Thanks!
You are correct add-on is versions different. We post it in the release notes each update. Since the add-on doesn't need to be upgraded everytime we just let people know when.

And sure feel free to send links pics or code error messages will take a look!

Is it normal for a bunch of style properties to get wiped out when skipping versions for upgrades?

Twice now I've gone to upgrade UI.X, having missed a couple intervening versions, and had style properties like round/square user avatars revert back to the default rather than retaining my preferences.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

@Mike Creuzer

Mike,

How do I find out what version of UI.X I am running, it was purchased a couple of years ago.

ta.
Hi there! Depending on how old it could not be stored, but you can go to UI.X Global Settings and check uix_version. Or, if its newer, you can go to your javascript console on your front end and type:

uix.debug();

And it should be near the top of what the spits out.

Is it normal for a bunch of style properties to get wiped out when skipping versions for upgrades?

Twice now I've gone to upgrade UI.X, having missed a couple intervening versions, and had style properties like round/square user avatars revert back to the default rather than retaining my preferences.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Not normal, no. It is possible that if you upgraded say 10 versions, that that style property got a name change, but we haven't done that in many many months if not a year+. Sometimes XenForo can miss importing some style properties, I've seen it happen before where just reimporting will fix the issue. Though not sure if thats going on here. If you need any help let me know.

Not normal, no. It is possible that if you upgraded say 10 versions, that that style property got a name change, but we haven't done that in many many months if not a year+. Sometimes XenForo can miss importing some style properties, I've seen it happen before where just reimporting will fix the issue. Though not sure if thats going on here. If you need any help let me know.

Okay, thanks. I didn't do much testing - just a quick trial upgrade and saw some preferences that didn't carry over, but it wasn't important at the time so I didn't look into it. I'll try re-importing if it happens again.

Hi there! Depending on how old it could not be stored, but you can go to UI.X Global Settings and check uix_version. Or, if its newer, you can go to your javascript console on your front end and type:

Thanks Mike

annnd.... nope,

No version data. I suspected that I had a very early release.

Ok, will upgrade in November.

I think I've got most of my issues resolved. Is there a quick and easy way to align the hamburger icon all the way to the left? I have my site logo in the nav bar, and would like the hamburger icon (now that I've removed the "menu" phrase), when it appears, to float to the left of it.

Is there any way to make the sticky navigation optional? Like users would have the ability to toggle it on and off? Seems to be a love it or hate it deal with my board.

Is there any way to make the sticky navigation optional? Like users would have the ability to toggle it on and off? Seems to be a love it or hate it deal with my board.

You can clone your theme (just export it and re-import it as a second child underneath UIX), and rename it to "no sticky nav" or something, then disable the sticky nav. That way, users can just choose the theme that doesn't have it.

It's a little kludgy, of course, but it works fine.

Just kind of a feature request more than anything else, but would be awesome if the sub-boards could be toggled to be collapsed or expanded by users in the discussion list view.

How can I edit the post-bit to add another field?

Currently I have

I would like to add a field for "Reviews:" which would display a count of how many reviews a member has submitted.

I think I've got most of my issues resolved. Is there a quick and easy way to align the hamburger icon all the way to the left? I have my site logo in the nav bar, and would like the hamburger icon (now that I've removed the "menu" phrase), when it appears, to float to the left of it.

The only option is to move the trigger in front. ie, edit the navigation template and just move it. If you need any instruction let me know :)

You can clone your theme (just export it and re-import it as a second child underneath UIX), and rename it to "no sticky nav" or something, then disable the sticky nav. That way, users can just choose the theme that doesn't have it.

It's a little kludgy, of course, but it works fine.

One better is that we built in user preferences for it. Just have your users check their Preferences page.

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 1.04.02 AM.webp

Just kind of a feature request more than anything else, but would be awesome if the sub-boards could be toggled to be collapsed or expanded by users in the discussion list view.

So you are referring to sub-forums? Not a bad idea. Best of both worlds I'd agree.

Also thanks, I had no idea that they could toggle those in preferences. Another idea might be in the future to make the Jump to Top/Bottom arrows selectable as well because some people love those and some people hate them on my board.

Will there be an update for uix to be along with newest xf versin 1.5.11? Or can I update xf from 1.5.10 to 1.5.11 without hassle already now?

Top Bottom