UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Will there be an update for 1.4.3? Or are there no affected components for 1.4.2 UI.X-based styles and the current version is fine?

How do I allow just the Tools drop-down. Right now, I have the list of message controls + Tools. No sense having both, but I'm not sure where I should make a change. Thanks.

I use [bd] Content by xfrocks for my homepage and I notice that there is a 144px left under messageInfo. I tried to remove it by adding this to the extra.css
Code:
.WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Threads_FullThreadList .message .section .sectionMain .messageInfo {
margin-left: none !important;
}
It does not seem to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix it?
@thejackarmy
Thanks

I use [bd] Content by xfrocks for my homepage and I notice that there is a 144px left under messageInfo. I tried to remove it by adding this to the extra.css
Code:
.WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Threads_FullThreadList .message .section .sectionMain .messageInfo {
margin-left: none !important;
}
It does not seem to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix it?
@thejackarmy
Thanks

Try this, if not create me a temp admin acc and I'll take a look

.WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Threads_FullThreadList .message .messageInfo {
margin-left: 0px !important;
}

Is Mike on the run from the law? Did he buy a private island and stock it with rum? Did he quit to follow his dream job of running a chocolate factory staffed by big-breasted hookers?

Is Mike on the run from the law?
No

Did he buy a private island and stock it with rum?
It's very good Rum

Did he quit to follow his dream job of running a chocolate factory staffed by big-breasted hookers?
See previous answer
drinks.gif

Javascript is just about done, testing is all thats left. But we've got a new sticky feature, such as only on scroll up. This will eliminate the jump to link issue. Sadly for those that want the traditional "scroll to" or "static" sticky function there may still be some issues there. But it should be better, as we rewrote that as well. We are still considering some more options.

Hey Mike, I've got a quirky issue that's showing up on 1.3.5. On mobile devices (reproduced this on Safari and Chrome), sometimes jumping to links in the middle of the page will cause the user avatar in the nav bar to place itself incorrectly. See the screenshot attached.

I'm virtually certain this has to do with the rendering of the navigation bar tabs... sometimes when you watch the page render, you'll see the normal Home/Forums links there and the nav bar looks normal (user avatar placed properly), then the Media tab appears and causes the rest of the elements to move. Sometimes this fixes itself if you just leave the page alone for several seconds.
Screenshot_2014-11-25-09-08-40.webp

If this is fixed in recent versions, please tell me to shut my pie hole and upgrade :D

I'm super excited for your JS optimizations!

Hey all just real quick.

I would like to build into UI.X some common features (I think Ill wait til after the 1.4.3 release we have planned):
  • Column control of your nodes (per category, per forum, anything you want, all controlled and easy to customize)
  • Thread pagination (see attached)
  • Last post avatar built into UI.X
  • Permissions for collapsing sidebars, nodes, and messageInfo
  • More control over sticky navigation, perhaps on a user level so people can toggle it on and off themselves
  • A custom theme builder right in your ACP
  • Videos for things like the AD Styler, megamenu, and the like
  • Navigation manager and advertisement managers
Doing these things will allow seamless integration into UI.X and thus better optimization, performance, and keep your plugin install resource requests down.

Naturally, at the price point we are keeping things its a bit tough to cover all these and other features. But what I'd like to do is allow those willing to pledge additional funding to do so and Ill officially support that for years to come inside the UI.X framework. You can pledge any amount you are comfortable with, and have the option for that to be public or not. I don't want to go into crowd funding, this is just for the users of UI.X who already appreciate it for what it is and what its become.

We just spent an entire month on optimizations alone and are a bit short on cash. But we have a whole lot of features to come, and the more we earn to pay our living wages the sooner we can build these.

Let me know if this is something anyone is interested and please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
Mike

pagination.webp

Last edited:
You know I'm in !

Custom theme builder? Can you tell more about it?

Awesome! Well for the theme builder I was kind of thinking of taking UI.X and making a builder onto itself. Itll ask you questions in a step by step way. For your case, I honestly don't know if it would help since you already have a profound understanding of UI.X. This is for people to find the necessary things and ask questions and so people get what they are looking for without the hassle of learning where all UI.X settings are amongst settings they might not care for.

Mike, I'd like to contribute too.

Awesome! Thank you!

Please feel free to PM me:

Contribution amount: (anything is fine)
What feature you want done:

It can be any feature you want, but Im for sure building the ones above. Im also considering an automatic upgrade process and install process so we dont have to worry about install and upgrade issues as much any more. I mean they will still be there for those who change a ton of settings in UI.X, you can never help that, but itll be fixable faster.

Top Bottom