Style UI.X+ (G+ inspired design)

Dad.

Hey all,

Although not as active as some of the other social sites (as far as I know), it is my favorite design. So I thought of a skin inspired by Google Plus. I took the general style, some of the gray values, and morphed it to work with XenForo. This in itself isn't very unique, but the idea that I have for this is that it is an extension of my UI.X framework that will begin production with XenForo 1.2 as an extremely easy to customize out of the box skin. Fonts, backgrounds, and utilize the color pallete in a much easier and effective way than ever before on a XenForo skin.

My point is, when you take a default xenforo skin (or perhaps a customized one) and use the color palette sliders, the result you get isn't very smooth. And what I want to do is make these more effective. The root of the issue is inconsistent uses of the color palette style properties in the skin css files, so my skin will fix this issue. It will also fix the harsh gradients used in a default XenForo style with simpler, softer gradients. I believe this will be better explained when its done :D.

Any comments appreciated!

Preview the design: UI.X Plus Preview

Thanks,
Mike

Reminds me a lot of Ehren's google+ inspired skin :) Though I suppose there's not a lot you can do when basing a design off another.

I'm liking the sounds of this framework though. Are you going to make it public? I'm hoping to create a few xF themes/add-ons now I have a license.

Vertical tabs allows more navigation tabs to be used compared to the horizontal usage, agreat idea. Something that I saw on this IPB theme recently. Like in the IPB theme I would suggest having the navigation names present under each image. Overall super clean and while remaining an eye candy :)

ps. I'm not liking the location of the help link after what's new? That should reside in the vertical navigation imo.

edit: which if i'm not mistaken that is what the lifebhouy icon is? in that case i feel the help link after what's new should be removed.

Thanks guys. And yeh, I'm aware of that skin, its a great one for sure. Just figured XenForo can have one as well. It doesn't look like much since its so soft, but with the framework attached it will be very customized and smooth. Thats where all the work goes. What I'm stealing from Google I will make up in time and detail in the skin.

Clean look, clean icons. nice preview. (y)

Anychance we get see some other screenshots otherwise I'm going to click that screenshot to death hoping I'll get redirect to the discussionlist and post areas?

Thanks! And yes, I plan on doing more with this skin and the others skins I have in the line-up as soon as XenForo release some kind of positive information on 1.2.X.

Love it!

The logout button loots a tad high though.
Do the white bars below the category names have a purpose? Not sure if it would look better with or without them.
The names under each image would be good too (or be able to toggle them on and off perhaps?)

Love it!

The logout button loots a tad high though.
Do the white bars below the category names have a purpose? Not sure if it would look better with or without them.
The names under each image would be good too (or be able to toggle them on and off perhaps?)

No sir, just thought it looked nice :D.

I do like the idea to have the name of whatever it is under the icon, at least as a toggle-able option.

Love it. May be next purchase. Demo would be even better....lol

Demo will come after 1.2 is released :D.

Im sorry! Well, if there is enough interest in it I can push development up sooner. I just don't know what to expect from 1.2, so I don't want to go developing this extremely detailed framework and the products with it until I know what is being changed, added, etc.

I just hope you have the inside scoop on when it will be released then.... :D

If I can get a dev update to say that 1.2 plans or has X many changes and to what general area (in other words, not a complete make over as some might expect), then I can continue development, otherwise Im gonna wait :/

Top Bottom