[Design Question]

Merlin07

I've been doing a lot of searching on what kind of things i'd like to have for my own personal forums, so one of the things I like and I feel it gives forum dwellers something to enjoy is the name customization i've seen. I'm not directing anyone to f95zone.to (and be warned if you do it's an adult visual novel site) but they have a unique fun feature i've noticed that let's their usernames sparkle, or glow, or add an animation emoji next to their name.
I want to get xenForo because i like the style you can make, but I also am not ver savy with coding, so I almost went with Discourse or Communiteq but I hate their simplicity. I guess I need some info to help me decide if xenForo is the right choice.

Does xenForo have something like this, or is it possible with this platform?
Any info would be much appreciated.

It's possible to have rich text usernames yes. And certainly make them sparkle if you want.

Note you'll need to make some edits to templates to have rich usernames everywhere as xenforo doesn't expose that everywhere but it is possible.

It's possible to have rich text usernames yes. And certainly make them sparkle if you want.

Note you'll need to make some edits to templates to have rich usernames everywhere as xenforo doesn't expose that everywhere but it is possible.

By edit templates you mean that kind of text is part of a template and i'd have to edit that or i'd have to edit inside xenoforo somehow o.O

By edit templates you mean that kind of text is part of a template and i'd have to edit that or i'd have to edit inside xenoforo somehow o.O
There's tutorials on how to do it but xenforo has a template system. It will just require a couple of tweaks to parts of the template code (think of it as html and css) to make it rich - but it's not at all difficult don't let it worry you.

There's tutorials on how to do it but xenforo has a template system. It will just require a couple of tweaks to parts of the template code (think of it as html and css) to make it rich - but it's not at all difficult don't let it worry you.

Alright, so as far as customizing on xenoforo the limitations are my own? xD I will have to research deeper I suppose. I just don't know how i'd get that kind of thing into the edit name section for dwellers to choose from.

Alrighty, well I guess I have a lot of work to do.

You pick the usernames styles per user group via the admin side they don't choose their own styling - you preset them and they pick whichever suits based on usually user upgrades.

If you want them to have options or creativity to flick between different name styling etc you'll need an add-on I'm not sure if one exists.

You pick the usernames styles per user group via the admin side they don't choose their own styling - you preset them and they pick whichever suits based on usually user upgrades.

If you want them to have options or creativity to flick between different name styling etc you'll need an add-on I'm not sure if one exists.

Ah, yes, that's what I'm looking for. So coding is def involved. Thanks.

Anyone know how to change the prefix colors?
<span class="label--pink" dir=auto">name</span>
That not how it works?

You can't fit much code in that "other" box, I've tried color codes, nothing is working. What am I missing here?

Great--That seemed like it was uncalled for. How are noobs like me supposed to decide when they have questions they need answered for the ideas they want to create? All that does is push people away or discourage them. Unlicensed users should have an area it's only 14 days to figure out if it's all going to work out for them.

I almost went with Discourse or Communiteq but I hate their simplicity.

Discourse it is
You may regret going with something you hate. The support here, both via ticket and via community is second to none. You cannot blame them for not giving very specific support to unlicensed users here as it would open the floodgates to abuse of that excellent support to anyone using nulled software.

I thought exactly the same thing when I started out and almost got the hump and went elsewhere. But realised the support "elsewhere" was more or less non-existent.

Your question was "is it possible?" and it was perfectly answered with "yes" - including by a member of staff. So that means if you take out a licence and then find you can't do it, I would bet a very large amount of money that you would get a refund.

Last edited:
Top Bottom