UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
@duderuud
Thanks I got it to work with your help. Odd that didn't make the normal install method work.

@Dalton Prock
So umm.. this thing is looking rather half-baked in terms of the new thread types. Article-type isn't looking great.

and the Q&A type basically broken:

screenshot-2020.09.29-17_16_59.pngscreenshot-xenforo.com-2020.09.29-17_17_58.png

The rating is showing on the first post in a thread, which it shouldn't, and it's showing up in the footer of the post instead of on the side.

Last edited:
@duderuud
Thanks I got it to work with your help. Odd that didn't make the normal install method work.

@Dalton Prock
So umm.. this thing is looking rather half-baked in terms of the new thread types. Article-type isn't looking great.

and the Q&A type basically broken:

View attachment 236122View attachment 236123

The rating is showing on the first post in a thread, which it shouldn't, and it's showing up in the footer of the post instead of on the side.

Oh wow I missed removing something I was trying with QA and Suggestion forums, my apologies! There is a release with that fix available now for you to download. We'll also potentially be doing another release this week after getting some initial feedback from the community as well :)

Oh wow I missed removing something I was trying with QA and Suggestion forums, my apologies! There is a release with that fix available now for you to download. We'll also potentially be doing another release this week after getting some initial feedback from the community as well :)
Great. That fixed the Q&A threads.

Another issue I'm having is my header image (Global Settings-->Parallax image) that worked in 2.1.10 isn't showing up.

@Ian Hitt

Not sure why I'm just noticing it, but as I've already reported with a couple of your other styles, if you create a homepage you get an "Edit Bookmark" button at the top of the page in the position where you would normally find the "Post Thread" button on normal forum pages. It appears this happens with all your styles. It would be nice to get rid of this, as there's no bookmark to edit in those positions.

EDIT: Although, lol, now I'm finally noticing this is the case with the XF style, too. Maybe I'm just missing the practical purpose this is supposed to serve. 🙃

@Ian Hitt

Not sure why I'm just noticing it, but as I've already reported with a couple of your other styles, if you create a homepage you get an "Edit Bookmark" button at the top of the page in the position where you would normally find the "Post Thread" button on normal forum pages. It appears this happens with all your styles. It would be nice to get rid of this, as there's no bookmark to edit in those positions.

EDIT: Although, lol, now I'm finally noticing this is the case with the XF style, too. Maybe I'm just missing the practical purpose this is supposed to serve. 🙃
Okay, fixed by adding this to template:

<xf:css>
.bookmarkLink.button {
display: none;
}
</xf:css>

Thanks to @BassMan for the tip.

After XF 2.2 upgrade there is a problem related to "Font Awesome 5 Pro" icon support at UI.X2 2.2.0.1.0 .

The default Xenforo theme is okey. The code that I used at widget

Code:
<style type="text/css">
.block[data-widget-id="67"] .block-minorHeader:before {
    font-family: 'Font Awesome 5 Pro';
    content: "\f118";
    margin-right: 5px;
}

Attachments

• Icons.webp
    Icons.webp
    82.7 KB · Views: 22
After XF 2.2 upgrade there is a problem related to "Font Awesome 5 Pro" icon support at UI.X2 2.2.0.1.0 .

The default Xenforo theme is okey. The code that I used at widget

Code:
<style type="text/css">
.block[data-widget-id="67"] .block-minorHeader:before {
    font-family: 'Font Awesome 5 Pro';
    content: "\f118";
    margin-right: 5px;
}

We've removed FontAwesome from the theme (unless set in Style Properties > Icons). Loading both fonts is a performance issue, so we made the decision to use either FA or Material, but not both. The material implementation is also a lot cleaner now, and should ahve better support for replacing FontAwesome icons :) However, if you use XenForo's FA implementation, it will actually replace the FontAwesome icon appropriately. You would want to switch your css to use .m-faBase() and .m-faContent(@var-icon). This will give you support for whichever icon font you choose.

I see there was an update released and I upgraded, unfortunately I lost all of my color settings that took hours to setup. I know it's a long shot but I don't suppose there's a way of recovering that?

I see there was an update released and I upgraded, unfortunately I lost all of my color settings that took hours to setup. I know it's a long shot but I don't suppose there's a way of recovering that?
Did you upgrade manually, with the install and upgrade add-on or through the one-click install function included within the UI.X 2 add-on?

It sounds like you accidentally edited the theme directly, as opposed to making edits to a child theme. Any time you edit the theme directly and upgrade that theme, it will overwrite your changes. Make sure to always make your changes to a separate custom child theme to avoid that happening in the future

It sounds like you accidentally edited the theme directly, as opposed to making edits to a child theme. Any time you edit the theme directly and upgrade that theme, it will overwrite your changes. Make sure to always make your changes to a separate custom child theme to avoid that happening in the future
Okay, I have always only edited the child theme. I made no other changes other than to press the update to 2.2 button. In fact I can still see all of my changes in the theme but nothing is applied.

Attachments

• pg_theme.webp
    pg_theme.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 16
@Ian Hitt - on the UIX Classic, are there any features missing because you guys tried to get the design to look like the old one?

This line concerns me: "There may be some features it does not have perfect parity with, but many are indeed planned. "

Hi @Ian Hitt - I asked this question back in 2019 but I don't know if you ever replied. Sorry. Now its been almost 2 years so does that last line still apply? Does UIX Classic function improperly or not have perfect parity with XF 2.x ?

Thanks

Hi @Ian Hitt - I asked this question back in 2019 but I don't know if you ever replied. Sorry. Now its been almost 2 years so does that last line still apply? Does UIX Classic function improperly or not have perfect parity with XF 2.x ?

Thanks

Ah no, all our themes have perfect parity with UI.X because they are all built using UI.X as a base :)

hi
how to delete this
View attachment 236351
I am using another addition for that.

Your add-on is likely overwriting what that is doing, so no need to do anything with it. If you'd like you can go in and blank out the values. If you are using the TH Nodes add-on (which comes free with UI.X) to handle your node icons, then these work in parity with each other already.
Okay, I have always only edited the child theme. I made no other changes other than to press the update to 2.2 button. In fact I can still see all of my changes in the theme but nothing is applied.

I'd be happy to help you further on this if you'd like. Just shoot me a PM if you want me to look into what you've got going on :)

Your add-on is likely overwriting what that is doing, so no need to do anything with it. If you'd like you can go in and blank out the values. If you are using the TH Nodes add-on (which comes free with UI.X) to handle your node icons, then these work in parity with each other already.
My add-on puts a direct link to the image ,,
However, it does not appear in UI.X2 style.
What is the solution?

Top Bottom