UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
XenForo 2 utilizes Google's Material Design spec, so the latest trends in UI design. If you are a bigger fan of the older look and feel, might I suggest simply using UI.X Classic instead? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ui-x-classic.6826/

Thanks for not getting offended and thanks for that link. I'll use it. Its extremely unfortunate when forward progress in overall tech results in a loss of features simply due to the new restrictions imposed.

I have 70,000 screaming forum members that are not going to be happy about this. They don't care about the tech. They care about the visual appeal, features/convenience, and usability. As they should. Maybe one day coders will develop things with end users in mind :)

But to call the second screen cap above "a more modern look" (as many have) is (no offense) completely laughable. Its 100% 1st generation internet design. I was running the same forum in 1997-2000 so I know firsthand. :)

http://web.archive.org/web/20000824030801/http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discus/

Last edited:
@Ian Hitt - on the UIX Classic, are there any features missing because you guys tried to get the design to look like the old one?

This line concerns me: "There may be some features it does not have perfect parity with, but many are indeed planned. "

I've started a private conversation with you on this.

Wasn't able to replicate this on my demo but please do create a ticket on our support portal so we can take a closer look on your forum.

I am able to replicate it on the bottom and at the top of the thread list.

I've got these reported, thank you for the report :)
hi, I didn't get a pm

There is way too much white space between items in the UI.X sidebar widgets (Latest posts etc). I want to make it look more compact, with tight spacing, like in XenForo 2.1's default style:

rVXuL8C.png

Which settings should be changed for that?

What does this setting do?

What arrow? I don't see any arrows with or without this setting enabled.
Here are a few screenshots, one shows with and without the arrow.
WithArrow.webpWithOutArrow.webp
There is way too much white space between items in the UI.X sidebar widgets (Latest posts etc). I want to make it look more compact, with tight spacing, like in XenForo 2.1's default style:

rVXuL8C.png

Which settings should be changed for that?
To better assist you with making these changes within UI.X 2, please create a ticket on our support portal. One of our helpful staff will be able to help you there with this question.

No matter what i do in node layout and styling has any effect. Text colors won't change, node grid won't change, nothin will change. What am i doing wrong?

Anyone know where to edit the extended footer template, also would like to add some text to the copyright row.

can anyone confirm if the update went through successfully for them? i am facing a lot of server issues after the update. just wanted to confirm before filing a support ticket. thanks!

Top Bottom