UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
Hi Charlie, I wanted the ability to customise my nav icons too, provided you have commented out the code Dalton told you to, the rest is easy.

Head into your navigation link that you want to customise, make sure it is a 'Basic' type, and make your changes to the ''Extra Attributes" section. Here's my store link for an example:

View attachment 176854

This should result in an icons that look like this:

View attachment 176855

Some community icons that are available on https://materialdesignicons.com/ may not appear and that's because an older version of the icon pack is selected.

• Make sure "Load Material Icons locally" is turned off in Style properties > Icons.
  • Head into Templates, search for helper_js_global and make sure line 23 has the latest version number in the URL.
  • The version number is normally given on their homepage in the first banner image.
Holy wow, thank you very very much! Highly appreciated.

We will be adding official support eithin uix add-on soon, short term we will be adding a FAQ item to documentation in this next update.
Are you guys able to let us specify the url for material icons version and font awesome?

Hi Charlie, I wanted the ability to customise my nav icons too, provided you have commented out the code Dalton told you to, the rest is easy.

Head into your navigation link that you want to customise, make sure it is a 'Basic' type, and make your changes to the ''Extra Attributes" section. Here's my store link for an example:

View attachment 176854

This should result in an icons that look like this:

View attachment 176855

Some community icons that are available on https://materialdesignicons.com/ may not appear and that's because an older version of the icon pack is selected.

• Make sure "Load Material Icons locally" is turned off in Style properties > Icons.
  • Head into Templates, search for helper_js_global and make sure line 23 has the latest version number in the URL.
  • The version number is normally given on their homepage in the first banner image.
EDIT: Seems to show on the mobile side bar, but doesn't show on the main navigation bar, bug?

Doesn't seem to load, eek.

1527761090590.webp

Gavel, Trophy, Cart-Outline.

I disabled the local and used external.

Last edited:
We hope to get the latest theme upgrade out within the next few days! :)
Do you guys know if it’s a known bug for the material icons to only show on sidebar and not the ordinary one?

If you see the above, they show fine when I’m on mobile but as soon as I go back to pc it doesn’t

Do you guys know if it’s a known bug for the material icons to only show on sidebar and not the ordinary one?

If you see the above, they show fine when I’m on mobile but as soon as I go back to pc it doesn’t
I'd be glad to take a closer look, start a private message with me so that I can view it on your public forum. Please, speak to you soon! :)

ThemeHouse updated UI.X 2 with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.7.0.0 Released

UI.X 2 2.0.7.0.0 Changelog:
  1. Fixed the issue which caused watch or other links in nodes from not working
  2. Fixed mobile spacing on block statuses
  3. Fixed the issue that caused edge from switching to a small logo
  4. Fixed the local loaded material icons to use the base URL instead
  5. Fixed the hover state on the side nav canvas
  6. Fixed the issue that caused some social media icons from showing
  7. Added a phrase for the sidebar toggle trigger tooltip
  8. Fixed the navbar...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Guess I'm guinea pigging this one :)

Firstly, would be really helpful if you didn't change layouts without notice. The node footer icons are in very different positions from 2.0.6 which took my users and myself by surprise. Have you optioned their position or do I have to template edit to put them back? Particularly the new Post Plus icon. See attached image. I'll keep you posted on other issues if I find any.

Cheers.

Attachments

• layout.webp
    layout.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 30
Guess I'm guinea pigging this one :)

Firstly, would be really helpful if you didn't change layouts without notice. The node footer icons are in very different positions from 2.0.6 which took my users and myself by surprise. Have you optioned their position or do I have to template edit to put them back? Particularly the new Post Plus icon. See attached image. I'll keep you posted on other issues if I find any.

Cheers.

Apologies for the confusion for your users. This layout seems to make more sense, so we wanted to get it done while UI.X is still relatively new. Luckily, we are all together very happy with the product as a whole and don't anticipate further large changes needed at this point moving forward :)

@Ian Hitt
Apologies for the confusion for your users. This layout seems to make more sense, so we wanted to get it done while UI.X is still relatively new. Luckily, we are all together very happy with the product as a whole and don't anticipate further large changes needed at this point moving forward :)

I actually disagree about the node layout change. Bunching up the presumably most used icon together with watch and bookmark (on the left) is not a good design choice. It makes it almost impossible to hit on mobile view now and the entire row looks quite confusing. Sincerely hope you guys will revisit this or at least provide the option to revert this change.

There is a "bug" again with the Xenith style... the updated style is version "2.0.7" while the custom style is recognized as "2.0.6" which makes no sense. I tried to revert the template and then edit it again with no success (it works but the template is falsely shown as "outdated")...
i saw it being outdated, then "reverted" it and then edited the child template again and it appeared as "outdated" again.

There is a "bug" again with the Xenith style... the updated style is version "2.0.7" while the custom style is recognized as "2.0.6" which makes no sense. I tried to revert the template and then edit it again with no success (it works but the template is falsely shown as "outdated")...
i saw it being outdated, then "reverted" it and then edited the child template again and it appeared as "outdated" again.

Agreed, that doesn't make any sense at all. It may be an issue with something in your custom style, but more than likely it is an issue with xenforo simply incorrectly flagging it. But reverting it by all accounts should fix it, even after you edit it again.

Hey @Ian Hitt I am helping @Brad P with customizing his style. It seems like the flagging is not working. The Parent Style is "Xenith" and it was updated by Brad correctly to the newest version. Could it be that if XF is 2.0.6 and UIX/Xenith is 2.0.7 that this will cause the problem?

Enhancement suggestion, I believe UIX 1 used to do this but can you set meta name="theme-color" in <head> to theme primary colour? This is to give your browser address bar/header the same colour as your theme. It's a nice touch.

Hey @Ian Hitt I am helping @Brad P with customizing his style. It seems like the flagging is not working. The Parent Style is "Xenith" and it was updated by Brad correctly to the newest version. Could it be that if XF is 2.0.6 and UIX/Xenith is 2.0.7 that this will cause the problem?
Ah are you saying you are on an older version of XenForo? Then that could be the reason indeed. Unless I misunderstood.
Enhancement suggestion, I believe UIX 1 used to do this but can you set meta name="theme-color" in <head> to theme primary colour? This is to give your browser address bar/header the same colour as your theme. It's a nice touch.
I've added this as a feature suggestion, I thought we had this built. https://github.com/Audentio/xf2theme-issues/issues/664

Ah are you saying you are on an older version of XenForo? Then that could be the reason indeed. Unless I misunderstood.
Yep it was the problem exactly. Since the updates came so fast after another @Brad P had installed UIX as soon as it prompted to update while forgetting about XF Core. But we did install XF Core and then forced update Xenith and its all good now.

what i should do, still i get same error cURL error 35: SSL connect error
also the message for addon update remains there, downloaded uix addon twice and uploaded it to server, did rebuild.

Is there any issue at themehouse regarding UIX addon and themehouse style access.

Top Bottom