UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
Hey, I run this site: www.vampirecounts.net and the theme is proving to be a problem. Some want light, some want dark. Am I correct in thinking:

• I can use this to create multiple themes?
  • How easy is it to adjust the theme. I am relatively inexperienced so the ease of tweaking, ideally without having to code is very important!
  • Is it easy to use custom icons, i.e. we previously used a blood drop to indicate new posts or threads?

Thanks!

By default UI.X doesn't actually load in FontAwesome at all (it only loads in the files for Material Icons). I'm not ure how the add-on works, but I'm not sure it would play nicely (though it' possible).

Receiving this on admin panel after updating XF 2.2.5 "You are currently running 1 outdated version(s) of ThemeHouse styles, but no update is currently available. Some bugs/issues may be expected." , please update theme .

Are you still having this issue after updating to the latest version?

Hey, I run this site: www.vampirecounts.net and the theme is proving to be a problem. Some want light, some want dark. Am I correct in thinking:

• I can use this to create multiple themes?
  • How easy is it to adjust the theme. I am relatively inexperienced so the ease of tweaking, ideally without having to code is very important!
  • Is it easy to use custom icons, i.e. we previously used a blood drop to indicate new posts or threads?

Thanks!

It is incredibly customizable, and there is also a dark version as well https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ui-x-2-dark.5866/

Thanks @Ian Hitt - so does that mean I would have to purchase multiple versions? I thought UI.X was a framework to easy customise my own themes, have I misunderstood? Basically the outcome I am looking to achieve:

• Multiple themes for users to selecy from which I can tweak. At least a 1x light, 1x dark etc
  • Node grids with background images
  • Content cards/widgets at the top. One which rotates through the latest posted articles, one which displays through the latest posted threads etc

I thought I could achieve this by buying UI.X which comes with your nodes addon, and the rest is XF widget functionality? Please let me know if I'm missed something or if this addon doesn't do what what I think it does around the theme customisation.

By default UI.X doesn't actually load in FontAwesome at all (it only loads in the files for Material Icons). I'm not ure how the add-on works, but I'm not sure it would play nicely (though it' possible).
It seems like you are piggybacking on Font Awesome CSS classes (fa, fab, fal, far, fas, fa-*) and redefine them to use another icon font, is that correct?

If this is the case, it currently won't work well with FAM.

I probably could add option to disable FAM in such styles, though that would only maske sense if users are also using other styles that do use Font Awesome - if they only use UI.X (which does not use Font Awseome at all if I understood this correctly?), using FAM would be pointless.

Last edited:
Thanks @Ian Hitt - so does that mean I would have to purchase multiple versions? I thought UI.X was a framework to easy customise my own themes, have I misunderstood? Basically the outcome I am looking to achieve:

• Multiple themes for users to selecy from which I can tweak. At least a 1x light, 1x dark etc
  • Node grids with background images
  • Content cards/widgets at the top. One which rotates through the latest posted articles, one which displays through the latest posted threads etc

I thought I could achieve this by buying UI.X which comes with your nodes addon, and the rest is XF widget functionality? Please let me know if I'm missed something or if this addon doesn't do what what I think it does around the theme customisation.

Just following up here - No need to purchase multiple versions unless you want to use, for example, the UIX dark style as a base.

You can create separate child themes with different colors and style properties no problem. For example, let's say you're using UIX (or any other TH style). You could have the following style layout:

UIX
-Your Main Style
--Dark Style (child of Your Main Style)
--Alternate Style (child of Your Main Style)

Each of these can use different color palettes and the like (basically any style property), and will inherit whatever you don't change from the parent. As well, you can also have separate .less files and include them via Appearance -> Style Properties -> Global Settings, under "List of additional css templates to include"; this is a common practice to change CSS for anything not included within the style properties. So, for instance, on the dark style you may have your_style_dark.less with some specific CSS for the dark style, and will use the aforementioned style property to include it only on the dark style.

Node grids is accomplished with the Nodes addon (which you should have as part of your license for your TH style, so you can grab that from your customer dashboard), which will allow you to not only enable a grid layout for nodes, but also additional node styling. You can set a default node style (which would include the background images), and even set node styles specific to certain styles. The documentation here should help: https://help.themehouse.com/en/collections/1981780-nodes

Regarding content cards/widgets, you can absolutely do that via XF widgets. If you need something an existing widget that comes with UIX or XF doesn't cover, you can use widgets from other addons. Just keep in mind that if you need something placed where an existing widget location doesn't exist, that will require template edits no matter what style you use pretty much.

It seems like you are piggybacking on Font Awesome CSS classes (fa, fab, fal, far, fas, fa-*) and redefine them to use another icon font, is that correct?

If this is the case, it currently won't work well with FAM.

I probably could add option to disable FAM in such styles, though that would only maske sense if users are also using other styles that do use Font Awesome - if they only use UI.X (which does not use Font Awseome at all if I understood this correctly?), using FAM would be pointless.
I am using FAM on UIX theme without any issue, my page size is now less than 300 Kb due to reduction of font file.

You don't have the "Subset is too large to be processed" that I mentioned after the add-on is installed?
I have fonttools installed so requests are processed from own server and not transfonter.org

Hi, can I use my license on a closed off test site, as I'd like to play around without affecting my live site? If I install install and upgrade, and then this addon, will I be able to mess around and design my style and the move it over to my live site?

Hi, can I use my license on a closed off test site, as I'd like to play around without affecting my live site? If I install install and upgrade, and then this addon, will I be able to mess around and design my style and the move it over to my live site?
Install & Upgrade may not load it on your test site depending on how you've got it set up, but feel free to perform a manual install on it if nothing else.

As far as moving your style, absolutely. All you'll need to do is export your child style(s) (making sure to not export them as independent styles), and then install them on your production site just like you had them on test, making sure to also copy all your files you use in your child style, too.

Logo at the top of the Activity Report - how to change?

Hello guys. I am using the built in Activity Report feature in Xenforo, and use UI.X2 for the styling of my whole forum.
How do I put my own logo in the top of the Activity Report? I can't find where to edit that. At the moment it appears large above my posts updates in the emailed activity report.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this has been answered here already, but I am using UIX2 with the Abyss theme, and it seems that the field in which you normally enter tags with is missing.

I can't seem to find anything in the style options that enables/disables this. I am using an addon with a "post as" feature as seen below, and need to figure out how to get this element to display again. Can anyone help?

Screenshot 2021-07-21 213446.webp

This is all I get on my site.

Screenshot 2021-07-21 214015.webp

Is there a way to turn off or remove the style chooser in settings? I just want to have members use the old style chooser thats at the bottom of the page now.
Or hide all the un selectable styles (marked with asterisk).

styles.webp

Last edited:
Also, in case anyone hasn't noticed. This is free to download. Support will be limited of course unless you paid for a license. You can continue to use premium support if you have a valid license.

In light of your recent announcements at ThemeHouse, will UI.X 2 no longer be supported and eventually dropped entirely? Trying to figure out if I need to prepare for this.

Top Bottom