UI.X 2 Dark

UI.X 2 Dark 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
Three questions:

1) why are those missing icons?

Problem solved. It's a browser cache thing.

2) what's the difference between the style-uix_dark.xml and child-uix_dark.xml? I installed both but couldn't tell the difference.

Thanks.

2021-11-19_18-16-48.png

No problem for UI.X (light)

1637317198120.png

Last edited:
The child style (child-uix_dark.xml) is just an XML used for the installer to create a child style for you, and has no actual style properties itself. You can just create your own child of UI.X Dark (which is what the other XML is for) if you like rather than using the child, as there would be no functional difference. Just a way to make sure people customize a child style rather than customize UI.X Dark directly, breaking their ability to safely update the styles :)

The child style (child-uix_dark.xml) is just an XML used for the installer to create a child style for you, and has no actual style properties itself. You can just create your own child of UI.X Dark (which is what the other XML is for) if you like rather than using the child, as there would be no functional difference. Just a way to make sure people customize a child style rather than customize UI.X Dark directly, breaking their ability to safely update the styles :)
Got it thanks! 👍🙏

So I can actually import the material xml of the light style under this dark style right?

It's sad that it doesn't really come with any instructions.

One thing, for light style, there's a uix2.xml and material(child).xml, so if i want to customize the uix2.xml, I can't edit its properties directly? I should rather install (import) another uix2.xml under that uix2.xml and have it edited?

I'm not 100% on using the material style from light under dark, but you SHOULD be able to (although you may need to adjust colors).

If you want to customize UIX you'll want to do the changes under a child theme. Keep in mind you can nest all sorts of child styles, so you won't be limiting yourself. For example, I have done this frequently when setting up child styles:

UI.X Style
--Customizations (contains all the standard changes you want for all styles)
----Color Variant 1
----Color Variant 2
----Color Variant 3

This update does not include the updates for the Media Gallery.

Whoever worked on it did not have Media Gallery installed during the compare...

uix_dark_media_gallery_missing.webp

This update does not include the updates for the Media Gallery.

Whoever worked on it did not have Media Gallery installed during the compare...

View attachment 267288
I dont think thats the issue. This is a common issue with XenForo. Has to do with in which order things were edited, and has plagued theme designers for some time. I think clicking merge should work, or if you open each one and click save. The code should be correct tho. Tagging @Dalton Prock for posterity

I dont think thats the issue. This is a common issue with XenForo. Has to do with in which order things were edited, and has plagued theme designers for some time. I think clicking merge should work, or if you open each one and click save. The code should be correct tho. Tagging @Dalton Prock for posterity

I've clicked merge to see what would happen, and they say they can't be merged.

However, looking through the custom changes of every one of the ones listed appear to be minor changes (location of reactions, and a couple of spacing changes). Not even sure if they're required anymore. So keep me posted!

He hasn't been on in 3 months, may want to try to message him another way? ;)

Top Bottom