1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TJA] Custom Message Icon [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by TJA, Jul 5, 2015.

1. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

TJA submitted a new resource:

[TJA] Custom Message Icon - Adds a user selected image from custom field to their messages.

Read more about this resource...
    Lisa likes this.
  2. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me in laymans terms what this mod actually is for? I'm confused by the screenshots and also the description. :S
  3. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

Simply adds an image to every post a user makes.

The images displayed will be whatever they choose from choices set out in the Custom User Field.

To see it in action and try it yourself then register on the site where it is demo'd go to your Preferences select a tv series from the list you are currently watching then make a post.
  4. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

So, it's kind of like an extra avatar?
  5. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

It's installed on my site. After filling in the custom field information and uploading the relevant images, members can select the TV show they're currently watching and when you mouse over their posts you can see it on the bottom right of every post they make. If you don't mouse over it, it's not as clear.

Before mouseover:-

Upon Mouseover:-
    BassMan and TJA like this.
  6. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

I suppose if you want to look at it that way, also depends on the niche of your forum. As the site for the Demo is TV Show related members have the option to select from numerous TV shows to have display on their posts of the Current show they are watching.
  7. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Ahhh, now i get it. I can see how that might be useful to some niche's :)

Good luck!
    TJA likes this.
  8. Motobaka

Motobaka Active Member

Very nice.Thanks for sharing!
  9. oO5 Dynasty

oO5 Dynasty Active Member

does this come with user permissions?
  10. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not as it uses Custom User Fields and there are no permissions for them, however if you want to set perms for your Custom User Fields then install this by @cclaerhout

Custom User Fields Permissions
    cclaerhout and Russ like this.
  11. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Nice modification. Thanks for sharing!
    TJA likes this.
  12. MasonK

MasonK Active Member

You need to upload the images to the /images/messageicon folder.
    TJA likes this.
  13. adrian4ever

adrian4ever Member

that's exactly what I did, but the images doesn't show up, that's why I asked if the /images/messageicon folder needs to be upload in another place? :)
  14. MasonK

MasonK Active Member

Do you mind PMing me the URL and some admin account details so I can try to resolve the issue?
  15. adrian4ever

adrian4ever Member

Ok. (y)
  16. MasonK

MasonK Active Member

Your images are the same names as your field value? Excluding the .png part of the image of course.
    TJA likes this.
  17. adrian4ever

adrian4ever Member

Well I tried, but for some reason I can't make this add-on work on any of my sites...
  18. TJA

TJA Well-Known Member

If you can create me an admin login and message me the details I'll take a look
  19. adrian4ever

adrian4ever Member

Ok ..(y)
  20. king8084

king8084 Active Member

i uploaded everything and set up custom field and all

wont show up no matter what i do