[TJA] Custom Message Icon [Deleted]

TJA

TJA submitted a new resource:

[TJA] Custom Message Icon - Adds a user selected image from custom field to their messages.

This add-on will allow your users to select an image to be displayed on their messages from a list of predefined choices set by you in a Custom User Field for Preferences.
  • Upload contents of the 'upload' folder to your forum root.
  • Install the xml
  • Create your Custom User Field, Field ID MUST be set as messageIcon and Display Location as Preferences, Field Type as Drop down selection.
  • For your Possible Choices the Value MUST match the...

Read more about this resource...

Can someone explain to me in laymans terms what this mod actually is for? I'm confused by the screenshots and also the description. :S

Can someone explain to me in laymans terms what this mod actually is for? I'm confused by the screenshots and also the description. :S
Simply adds an image to every post a user makes.

The images displayed will be whatever they choose from choices set out in the Custom User Field.

To see it in action and try it yourself then register on the site where it is demo'd go to your Preferences select a tv series from the list you are currently watching then make a post.

It's installed on my site. After filling in the custom field information and uploading the relevant images, members can select the TV show they're currently watching and when you mouse over their posts you can see it on the bottom right of every post they make. If you don't mouse over it, it's not as clear.

Before mouseover:-
beforemouse.webp

Upon Mouseover:-
currentlywatching.webp

So, it's kind of like an extra avatar?
I suppose if you want to look at it that way, also depends on the niche of your forum. As the site for the Demo is TV Show related members have the option to select from numerous TV shows to have display on their posts of the Current show they are watching.

Ahhh, now i get it. I can see how that might be useful to some niche's :)

Good luck!

Reactions: TJA
Do you mind PMing me the URL and some admin account details so I can try to resolve the issue?

Your images are the same names as your field value? Excluding the .png part of the image of course.

Reactions: TJA
Top Bottom