TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
Is the 2.5.0 version fix the issue in comment loading with Xenmediagallery add-on?

Thanks!
I don't know. As far I remember, this issue was reported once and I thought to have read the solution was to update XenMediaGallery. As I wrote it again in the update, since it's a paid addon and don't have access to it, the issue would have to be reported to the developer. If the issue is confirmed to come from my addon, its source code is on Github and any pull request can be made.

I also remind you that if you want, you can use the BBM addon to customize the editor by page "view name" (and/or controller name or controller action); which means you can have redactor or a simplified version of mce in some parts of your website.

Is there a way to avoid the bbcode rendering this way in tapatalk that I'm unaware of?

Many thanks,
Nick

View attachment 85254
You will have to ask this question in the Tapatalk thread. But since it seems they have coded their own Bb Code formatter, they can easily modify it to strip all Bb Codes but the ones they need (probably bold, italic, underline, list, etc.). You will find two examples of Bb Codes formatters here, so feel free to share it with the Tapaltak developers.

It doesn't look like the draft function is working properly.

I have the options set:

XF:
  • Save drafts as messages are being composed:Yes
  • Save drafts every X seconds: 30
  • Store drafts for X hours: 24

TinyMCE Quattro:
  • XenForo drafts integration:Yes
  • Autosave Interval:30
  • Autosave Retention:20
  • Ask before unload?:Yes
  • Automatically restore draft when editor is empty:Yes

I type some text, then click the 'save' button for drafts. There is no 'draft saved' popup, and no warning when navigating away. Additionally if I refresh the page via ctrl-f5, it does not automatically restore the text once loaded.

I've double check the xf_draft's table, and I can't see it hitting the database.

:Edit: Digging into what is happening;

Occurs in Chrome and IE11

The javascript function saveDraft is being fired, but "$form.serialize()" is returning an empty string. This means the Save Draft AJAX call doesn't do anything.

Last edited:
@Xon
Thanks. It was just because my xen/mce framework was calling the getForm function where as the editor was not yet initialized. A few updates before, I've made this function global to make the code cleaner, but it still has to be called after the editor is ready (which is logical). So, check this commit.

Since it's a minor modification, I don't publish it yet here. I'm waiting for more feedbacks.

P.S: the autosave Interval & Retention params are for the MCE draft plugin, not for the XenForo draft method.

Reactions: Xon
Pls help me active it, it's don't work with my board ! :cry:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 7.36.45 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 7.36.45 PM.webp
    93.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 7.36.12 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 7.36.12 PM.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 7.35.24 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 7.35.24 PM.webp
    96.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 7.34.59 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 7.34.59 PM.webp
    94.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 7.39.56 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 7.39.56 PM.webp
    89.5 KB · Views: 67
Pls help me active it, it's don't work with my board ! :cry:
As told my pm, read the FAQ and start by its first paragraph. If you do have given some usergroups mce permissions, then check if you didn't create some custom configs in the BBM - Buttons Manager Options (by viewname, controller action, etc).

@Xon
Thanks. It was just because my xen/mce framework was calling the getForm function where as the editor was not yet initialized. A few updates before, I've made this function global to make the code cleaner, but it still has to be called after the editor is ready (which is logical). So, check this commit.

Since it's a minor modification, I don't publish it yet here. I'm waiting for more feedbacks.
Works great!

P.S: the autosave Interval & Retention params are for the MCE draft plugin, not for the XenForo draft method.
Ah, I thought so but wasn't sure.

screen-shot-2014-09-28-at-7-39-56-pm-png.85375

My user group permission :(

@Jacky Chiem
If you're sure about your permissions (if the account you are using have been given the usergroup permissions to load this editor AND if it doesn't belong to secondary usergroup for which the same permission have been set to "never"), then send me by pm the url of your board with a temporary admin access and a ftp access (only to this directory : yourforum/libraries/sedo).

Sadly still buggy. Some more testing discovered the following:

When the periodic "Draft Saved" occurs, the marker (or any text selection) is lost and it interrupts the user's writing by forcing them to re-find where they where writing.

Sadly still buggy. Some more testing discovered the following:

When the periodic "Draft Saved" occurs, the marker (or any text selection) is lost and it interrupts the user's writing by forcing them to re-find where they where writing.
This bug is new, it must come from the new event (and its related function => modifies the dom) that has been added in the jquery serialize function. I will look at it tonight.

Edit: yes, it is confirmed. I just need to make a simplified clone of the TinyMCE getContent function to directly use on it the clone body of the editor iframe. Doing this way will avoid to replace the original editor body to only get its content. It should be easy to fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
@Jacky Chiem
Tested on your forum, it's working for me with my account (after the addon has been enabled). It's probably because you only gave me a primary usergroup (admin) and none of your secondary usergroups. All your secondary usergroup permissions are set like this:
upload_2014-9-29_13-32-35.webp

I told you in this message to check this. You didn't. If you set "never" on these usergroups and give to your admin usergroup one of usergroups as a "secondary usergroups", it will override the "allow" option of the admin. XenForo permissions are working like this. You should look for a XenForo support forum in Vietnamese where people could explain you how it works (these permissions are tricky at the beginning). But basically, don't use "never", use "no" (grey color).

Don't forget to delete my admin account ; same thing for ftp (I didn't use it).

@cclaerhout is there any way to force TinyMCE to use a cache busting string for the addons?

In a network trace log I'm seeing stuff like:
Code:
/js/sedo/tinyquattro/tinymce/tinymce.min.js?_v=bccd8a22
/js/sedo/tinyquattro/tinymce/langs/xen.js
/js/sedo/tinyquattro/tinymce/themes/modern/theme.min.js
/js/sedo/tinyquattro/tinymce/plugins/xenforo/plugin.min.js

None of the plugins have the query string appended to them, which very much hurts updating any addons.

Top Bottom