TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
@Xon , @Firnagzen

I'm not sure to understand. When a post is being written, tagging someone will only display a small popup to help to find his name. Nothing is parsed there. When the same post is edited, the tagged user name will be displayed wrapped between Bb Codes: the Wysiwyg formatter doesn't parse anything there and let the raw Bb Codes. So I'm not sure the truncated issue is related to the tagging system. Now if you mean, you want to copy an html text and paste it inside the editor, the parser usertag will only be a url tag (<a />). If it occurs again, you can try the paste it using the text mode to check what will be the output.

A few questions:
  1. Does it occur with the 1.4.0 version or before?
  2. What do you mean by "posts _upon_ pasting"?
  3. What was the browser?

A few questions:
  1. Does it occur with the 1.4.0 version or before?
  2. What do you mean by "posts _upon_ pasting"?
  3. What was the browser?
My answers, I'll ask @Firnagzen to give some more details:
  1. It's occurred to be in 1.4 and 1.3.x
  2. It mostly occurs when pasting something into the TinyMCE editor, and not as I understand it when the entire message is typed out without using copy N paste.
  3. For me Internet Explorer 11.

@Firnagzen
@cclaerhout

I have not personally encountered the issue, because I primarily use the BBCode editor. I'm merely helping to report it upwards from people who have encountered it.

But how it goes is like this.

There exist a set of posts, as an example,
@Username1

blah blah blah blah blah
That when posted, (IE. the 'Post Reply' button is pressed), will be truncated, for example, to:
@Username1

blah
I have been imploring people to give me examples, as has @Xon, but, well.

In any case, the problem can be replicated by selecting the text, cutting it from the editor, and then repasting it back into the editor.

It occurred on Chrome, in any case.

@Xon, @Firnagzen
Thanks for your answers. I've never faced this problem, so if you manage to get enough elements to reproduce it, just let me know so I can check. Considering the actual description, next time it happens, have a look in your error log to see if there has been any problem with the "html=>Bb Codes" formatter.

Can someone point me to a crash-course in editing the table skins? Is it a template that I need to edit or is it CSS I add to the EXTRA.CSS? I just want to edit coloring to match my theme.

Thank you,
Nick

Can someone point me to a crash-course in editing the table skins? Is it a template that I need to edit or is it CSS I add to the EXTRA.CSS? I just want to edit coloring to match my theme.

Thank you,
Nick
There are 4 skins for the table Bb Code. Some are already integrated to your theme colors. You can select the default table skin. Each element of tables can be configured in the style properties.

upload_2014-9-17_3-17-26.webp

upload_2014-9-17_3-23-2.webp

There are 4 skins for the table Bb Code. Some are already integrated to your theme colors. You can select the default table skin. Each element of tables can be configured in the style properties.

View attachment 84131

View attachment 84132

Thank you Cédric, I was playing around with those the other day but I didn't notice any changes when I edited some of them. I went back through today and figured it out. I think I'm good. I really appreciate all your help!

Hello Cédric,

I'm running TinyMCE 2.4.1 and I installed it last Tuesday, I believe. Tonight I noticed "Server errors have been logged" dating back to Tuesday as well. I didn't think about the two being related until I remembered I installed the TinyMCE upgrade Tuesday but that was well after I did some research. I really need to remember to start with the simplest of possibility's.

It appears that it is a problem between TinyMCE, and Tapatalk. When I disable TinyMCE the problem is corrected. Below are the errors from Xenforo, Tapatalk site, and my iphone using the tapatalk app. I'm not sure if there is a seating I missed or if this is a problem with the add-on. Also, I have had tapatalk installed for a few months now, well before I installed TinyMCE. I think I included all the info I have below but please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you for any help.

All the best,
Nick

Software Notes:

XenForo 1.4.1
Tapatalk 2.3.1 (add-on)
Tapatalk iSO V3.1.1
Current Server PHP Version: native(5.4)

Last XF server error notice:
1.webp

Last XF server error notice:
2.webp

Notices from Tapatalk's website:

3.webp

4.webp

Notice on my 5s iPhone, iOS 8.0

5.webp

Last edited:
@TheSalt, I can't test now. I will look later, but it's strange. There are only two listeners that I use for the controller and none of them modify the controller response. You can check this file and the two functions "controllerPreDispatch" & "_controllerPreView".

@cclaerhout Tapatalk is known for not calling the "parent::" function of various methods on a controller.
Thanks, I will check this. But this is curious too: the only direct public controller that is extended is the editor one where only one function is added to manage tinymce modal window.

@TheSalt
Sorry, but I won't fix the error with Tapaltak. Here's the reason:

The class "Tapatalk_Bridge" extends the XenForo "XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract". In its "init" function its fires the XenForo listener "controller_pre_dispatch". Put aside I doubt it's the correct location to trigger it, the main problem is that this class doesn't have the function of the original XenForo "XenForo_Controller", among them: "getResponseType" which is used by this addon.

So two solutions:
  1. Change the class that extends "Tapatalk_Bridge": use XenForo_Controller instead XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract
  2. Add the function getResponseType to the "Tapatalk_Bridge" class, but it will only be a workaround. If any other addon use a function of the original XenForo_Controller that is not in Tapatalk_Bridge, an error will occur

These solutions will have to be checked because I really don't know why Tapaltak fires the XenForo event here.

Hello Cédric,

I understand your decision. I'll just have to make a choice. I really love this add-on but one of my biggest issues is getting people to come over to my forum from Facebook groups because most people like the ease of using facebooks mobile app over the mobile browser I guess. The forum I used to moderate at was on VB and a lot of the users used tapatalk during the day. My forum subject is marine aquariums and conservation and there are lots of those groups on FB that I have to compete with. Do you know of any other forum mobile app software that works with XF? I will also try sharing this finding with tapatalk as well. Thank you! ;)

Hello Cédric,

I understand your decision. I'll just have to make a choice. I really love this add-on but one of my biggest issues is getting people to come over to my forum from Facebook groups because most people like the ease of using facebooks mobile app over the mobile browser I guess. The forum I used to moderate at was on VB and a lot of the users used tapatalk during the day. My forum subject is marine aquariums and conservation and there are lots of those groups on FB that I have to compete with. Do you know of any other forum mobile app software that works with XF? I will also try sharing this finding with tapatalk as well. Thank you! ;)
I'm sure Tapatalk developers will fix this, well at least that what would be recommended.

At the moment, you can use the second solution. It's not a proper fix, but it will do the job and will buy you some time: edit the class Tapatalk_Bridge (look inside your xenforo libraries directory, find the sub-directory "Tapatalk", edit the file "Bridge.php") and add this fake function:
PHP:
public function getResponseType(){ return 'tapatalk'; }

You can also try the first solution, but I can't guaranty tapatalk will still work properly after this. Some tests must be done. Use the same file and replace "XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract" by "XenForo_Controller".

Reactions: dwi
cclaerhout updated TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes with a new update entry:

Version 2.5.0 released

Version 2.5.0 released
  • Add "format" wysiwyg Bb Code. Support all headings html tags: h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 & h6, and three customized text style formats (based on the span tag) - see screenshots.
  • Modify some code in the JS framework:
    • RTE<=Bb Code editor toggle improved
    • For developers: new parent function to alter a tag before the Wysiwyg HTML => Bb Code conversion. This is very convenient to create fake html tags than can be controlled with the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Kudos for continuing to update this, stretch the boundaries, respond to queries, and generally spreading positive karma with your presence on this planet.

Top Bottom