TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
@Buck Russell
Both are working for me. I don't know which theme you're using but the buttons groups borders are not displayed which probably displays some littles dots to the corner of the buttons. To correct this you could disable any radius on ".mce-btn" with the !important parameter. Now I can't support any css customisations, so I would recommend you to read the point 5 of the FAQ to use the official skin with your darker theme or create one with the TinyMCE skin generator.

my bad. i should have come back and updated this. i fixed the issue shortly after making my post. it was something to do with an edit i'd made (even though i don't remember making it!) in one of the templates. i reverted the template to default and it resolved the issue. it's all good now. thanks for looking into it :)

Sometimes when I'm typing a quick reply or message, the cursor start moving in a very jerky fashion, as though there's some kind of buffer-related lag. Have you seen this issue?

P.S: This update fixes a bug on IE9 when consecutive insertions were done inside the editor (they were in the reverse order)

I'm still seeing this issue even after the update.

I checked yesterday and I personally don't have this issue anymore.

Very odd. It's easily reproducible here. IE 9.0.8112.16421

However, as time goes on, this will be less of a concern. IE9 is on its way out, anyway.

Last edited:
Very odd. It's easily reproducible here. IE 9.0.8112.16421

However, as time goes on, this will be less of a concern. IE9 is on its way out, anyway.
I've got the same version but it's working ;) Might be a cache issue. You can test it here: http://fiddle.tinymce.com/7Jdaab
About Internet Explorer, from what I read the 11th version is not really encouraging and the its new user agent should have been "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv 11.0) almost like Gecko" instead of "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv 11.0) like Gecko".

I really like this editor but if I want to write a short text then is the editor confused.
It would be great to have a button on the default editor to switch to the advanced tinymce editor.

I really like this editor but if I want to write a short text then is the editor confused.
It would be great to have a button on the default editor to switch to the advanced tinymce editor.
Deal on the same page with two different RTE editors & one BbCode Editor would be too difficult.

In 1.7.0.5 bug with first smilies (xen_smilies) button:
smilies.webp
(in 1.7.0.4 no this bug)

Aslo apperance bug with insert link pane, insert code pane, table properties pane, cell property pane for table, row property pane for table
link.webp code.webp table.webp cell.webp row.webp

Last edited:
Im confused? it just doesn't show at all after upgrading currently have to use the default one. But much prefer the TinyMCE.

@Gizzymomo Hm.. don't can replay your problem. My editor is show correctly.
If exactly - you see blank textarea or standard XenForo Redactor instead TinyMCE Quattro ?

Top Bottom