TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
@cclaerhout

Bug found... Unable to quote posts...

the add on 'quote me' works fine.. but the standard automated quote function does not..

xenforo 1.1.5 using 1.7.0

Last edited:
PLZ Help me to fix this
5f21634f004c6eeea1abec3eae82adf0.png

Im update to 1.7.0 an any can write.

Create a template modification for the Editor template..

Find...

Code:
<textarea name="{$formCtrlNameHtml}" id="{$editorId}_html" class="textCtrl MessageEditor"

Replace with...

Code:
<textarea name="{$formCtrlNameHtml}" id="{$editorId}_html" class="BbCodeWysiwygEditor"

@jonoathome
Yes, I still haven't tried the update on XenForo 1.1.x and since nobody replies to my request in the same post that you have quoted (ref:284), I've simply presumed that most people has converted their board to 1.2.x, so I didn't have to waste time on it. About your last post (ref:383), that's not the template modification I was suggested to create (284). The class
BbCodeWysiwygEditor must not replace the others but must be added to existed ones (like on XenForo 1.2), which should fix your problem with the XenForo quote function but I can't confirmed yet.

@elvamo
See my above explanation

I will try to find time to install again XenForo 1.1 on my local server.

Last edited:
@jonoathome
Yes, I still haven't tried the update on XenForo 1.1.x and since nobody replies to my request in the same post that you have quoted (ref:284), I've simply presumed that most people has converted their board to 1.2.x, so I didn't have to waste time on it. About your last post (ref:383), that's not the template modification I was suggested to create (284). The class
BbCodeWysiwygEditor must not replace the others but must be added to existed ones (like on XenForo 1.2), which should fix your problem with the XenForo quote function but I can't confirmed yet.

@elvamo
Since my above explanation

I will try to find time to install again XenForo 1.1 on my local server.
O im sorry, fix the problem, was that I added a method of payment by SMS, which conflicted with its add on, and removed and what is perfect thanks.

@jonoathome
I confirm the template modification of post 284 is working (since it's a regex it just needs the delimiters #regex#) and is compatible with the XenForo quote function. I will integrate this XenForo 1.1 TMS mod in the main xml of the next release.

Change this option "Editor autoresize minimum height" in the XenForo global options.

When i tried to resize the quick reply using "Editor autoresize minimum height" in the global option, it is automatically re-size for the text editor when i create a new thread as well. Are there any ways to set the size of Quick Reply editor and the Text editor when u create a new Text to be separated? just the same with the Xenforo default Editor?

Thanks!

When i tried to resize the quick reply using "Editor autoresize minimum height" in the global option, it is automatically re-size for the text editor when i create a new thread as well. Are there any ways to set the size of Quick Reply editor and the Text editor when u create a new Text to be separated? just the same with the Xenforo default Editor?

Thanks!
To rephrase what you ask, you would like 2 minimum height settings, one for the quickreply editor, and one for other editors. The cleanest way would to do that when the initialisation of MCE, but I'm not sure it's possible / It is / It's done. In any case, I don't think I will have time to add any new features for the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Is there any way to make the Font Family and Font Size drop-downs show more than 3 entries, or make those drop-downs expandable? The stock xenforo editor shows six entries, and that's usually all you need to see.

Not a big thing, but it seems there's plenty of vertical room to show more.

Is there any way to make the Font Family and Font Size drop-downs show more than 3 entries, or make those drop-downs expandable? The stock xenforo editor shows six entries, and that's usually all you need to see.

Not a big thing, but it seems there's plenty of vertical room to show more.
I've changed the behaviour of the official TinyMCE version for the font menus because I prefer compact ones. That's a personal choice and I will not change it. If you want to edit this, you will have to modify the height of the two following css properties:
  1. .mce-xen-font-size-menu .mce-container-body
  2. .mce-xen-font-family-menu .mce-container-body

I've changed the behaviour of the official TinyMCE version for the font menus because I prefer compact ones. That's a personal choice and I will not change it. If you want to edit this, you will have to modify the height of the two following css properties:
  1. .mce-xen-font-size-menu .mce-container-body
  2. .mce-xen-font-family-menu .mce-container-body

Okay. Where can I find those, and what are the default values from TinyMCE? Thanks.

To rephrase what you ask, you would like 2 minimum height settings, one for the quickreply editor, and one for other editors. The cleanest way would to do that when the initialisation of MCE, but I'm not sure it's possible / It is / It's done. In any case, I don't think I will have time to add any new features for the next few weeks.

Ah, I would like to see this as well because I noted that on xenforo the size of the quick reply box is smaller than the full post box. Handy, I think.

Okay. Where can I find those, and what are the default values from TinyMCE? Thanks.
You will find everything you need in the template "tiny_quattro_framework.css" (next time you can you the search function of the templates to find those css). To avoid to edit this template or create a template modification , you can try to customize the css in the extra with the !important parameter (check if it's needed). You can edit the code, but this template is often updated, which will require you to often merge your modifications.

Ah, I would like to see this as well because I noted that on xenforo the size of the quick reply box is smaller than the full post box. Handy, I think.
It's already done, but there's no hurry to release it. I prefer to wait a little to see if some bugs must be fixed or if I can add one or two features I would like to have.

Do you mean extra.css? What exactly would I put there? Thanks so much.
Yes. Try first by yourself to look at the template I told you. If you don't manage to do it, I will give you the answer, but that's a good thing you get used to the XenForo control panel.

I've just found Spocke added a very convenient function for those who are using the "context menu" (TinyMCE menu with right click). The problem with that menu was it prevented to use the browser dictionary to correct a wrong word: to correct the word, you need to access the original right click. This now possible if you press CTRL when click the right click.

Last edited:
Yes. Try first by yourself to look at the template I told you. If you don't manage to do it, I will give you the answer, but that's a good thing you get used to the XenForo control panel.

Okay, I've found the entries in that file:

.mce-xen-font-size-menu .mce-container-body{
width:150px;
height:80px;
overflow-y:auto;
.mce-xen-font-family-menu .mce-container-body{
width:180px;
height:80px;
overflow-y:auto;

I just don't know how precisely to add them to the extra.css file.

Do I just change the values and paste this at the end of extra.css?

Also, what is the default height value?

Thanks!

You've got the answer in what you gave me ^^
For both menu the default height is 80px. You can modify it directly here but try to add it to extra templates as I've explained you why.

Code:
.mce-xen-font-size-menu .mce-container-body,
.mce-xen-font-family-menu .mce-container-body
{
    height:{yourValue}px !important;
}

You can modify it directly here but try to add it to extra templates as I've explained you why.

Code:
.mce-xen-font-size-menu .mce-container-body,
.mce-xen-font-family-menu .mce-container-body
{
    height:{yourValue}px !important;
}

Not sure what you mean by "extra templates." Do you mean specifically the extra.css template?

Never mind. Thanks! That worked!

Top Bottom