TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
Are you going to preserve the user-inserted spaces in this release? Will I be able to update without worrying about that?
Once a feature is working, I have no reason to take it back, so yes, the parser options for the white spaces are still there. By the way, I've looked if it was easy to prevent the trim at the begin and at the end of a message and the answer is no. If I'm not mistaken this will require to modify quite a lot of functions which should be done by XenForo developpers directly. Now, to be honest, I don't think it's a good idea to do it. You can ask them, but I'm not sure they will work on that. There's a way to trick the parser, but I don't think it's a good idea to give it to you here for the same reasons I don't think it's a good idea to implement an option to disable the text "trimming" (I'm not sure if it can be said like this). I will show you why in the next message.

The preview release is on Github. I still need to test it on a mobile device with a small screen. Some templates of the BBM Advanced BbCodes addon will have to be updaded (first modifications release on Github too).

P.S: this is a big update. Test it on your dev board first.
I've tested it and it seems ok. I'll see if I find time to make the BBM Advanced BbCodes compatible with mobile devices, otherwise I will first release this update.

cclaerhout updated TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes with a new update entry:

Version 1.7.0 released

Version 1.7.0 released

This update is a major one, not because of the new features but because of the update to TinyMCE 4.0.11 (the last TinyMCE version of this addon was 4.0.8) which has quite many modifications that has implied to modify the framework. TinyMCE developers have worked a lot to fix bugs and rewrite some plugins (for example the advanced tab plugin). I guess the version 4.1 should come soon.

To get the changelog of TinyMCE versions,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

>>Option to make the editor manually resizable (this option has been included to avoid to be flooded by the repeated messages from Jauburn ;) )<<

LOL. I love you, man. When I get up the nerve, I will upgrade this plugin. You're super. Thanks!

I installed this latest version on a test board. Nice work.

I noticed, though, that Emulate all whitespaces in html set to "yes without bb code content" does not work unless "Emulate tabs in html" is also set (yes without bb code). Seems illogical. I would think one could preserve white spaces without also turning on the tabbing feature.

I noticed, though, that Emulate all whitespaces in html set to "yes without bb code content" does not work unless "Emulate tabs in html" is also set (yes without bb code). Seems illogical. I would think one could preserve white spaces without also turning on the tabbing feature.
I've tried and it's working.

When you post the message 4 whitespaces are converted into 1 tab.
When the message is rendered this tab is transformed to 4 whitespaces (if the option is activated).

So when you post a message with a line of two words seperated with 10 whitespaces, the blank gap will be converted into 2 tabs and 2 whitespaces.
When the message is rendered and the option to render tabs is not enable, it will give 4 white spaces (the two original whitespaces + 2 tabs that will be treated like a whitespace).

If you don't use the code/php/html bb codes (or any bbcodes that will have a css to preserve white spaces), then you can try to disable the option "Activate the Wysiwyg HTML > BbCode Parser Patch?". 4 white spaces will not be converted into a tab. But note this conversion is done when the message is saved inside the database, which means it only works for new messages or when you edit one.

I noticed the user tagging feature still not working right in IE9. Very odd. Works fine in Chrome and Firefox.

I'm finding that when any text formatting occurs in the editor, the benefit of user-supplied spacing is lost.

For example, I typed in the following text from scratch and formatted it using courier in the editor:

The result, however, in preview and when the text is saved, is this:

courier02.png

If I had done the same thing without applying any formatting within the editor, the spacing would have (largely) been preserved.

I noticed the user tagging feature still not working right in IE9. Very odd. Works fine in Chrome and Firefox.
ie9.webp
I've downgraded to ie9 to fix this. Try to clear your broswer cache to be sure the plugin has been updated. I was forced to do that each time I wanted to test a modification.

I'm finding that when any text formatting occurs in the editor, the benefit of user-supplied spacing is lost.

For example, I typed in the following text from scratch and formatted it using courier in the editor:

courier02.png

If I had done the same thing without applying any formatting within the editor, the spacing would have (largely) been preserved.
1) Be sure not to use the plain text mode
2) Preserve white space on paste will not work with all editors. I'm not sure TinyMCE can do something about this but I can ask them. It doesn't work with IE9 or Chrome but works with Firefox. For this, you will need to directly write your message inside the editor.

Just did that. Still no go. IE9 is the only browser on which this doesn't work, it seems, or at least the only "recent" browser.
I will try again... the screenshot was finally done on IE11... Windows 7 has automatically updated last night after I fix the problem though. I will check this later.

Just did that. Still no go. IE9 is the only browser on which this doesn't work, it seems, or at least the only "recent" browser.
Same screenshot but this time not with IE11...
ie9real.webp

You can try to disable the autotagging option in the TinyMCE Quattro options. Load the editor in IE9. Check the tagging function doesn't work. Then enable it again and load the editor again. This will force IE to refresh the js. If it doesn't work, I can't do more.

courier02.png

It seems I didn't understand your question. Be sure to preserve all white spaces with the Bb Code Content (see the two related options).

You will have probably to create a regex template modification with TMS for the "editor" template:
Code to search:
Code:
<textarea[^>]+?name="{\$formCtrlNameHtml}"[^>]+?id="{\$editorId}_html"[^>]+?class="[^"]+?(?=")
Code to replace:
Code:
$0 BbCodeWysiwygEditor

Hi @cclaerhout trying the latest upgrade, I never got round to trying this fix..

I use TMS..

Editor does not show in forum still on xenforo 1.1.5.. last working version was 1.4.2

This workaround fixes the issue..

Last edited:
Top Bottom