TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
@Gizzymomo try clean full reinstall TinyMCE Quattro addon, after this, reassign permissions for usergroups for this editor...

In 1.7.0.5 as compared with 1.7.0.4 changed only 1 js scripts
js/sedo/tinyquattro/tinymce/plugins/xenforo

If reinstall not help - try downgrade to 1.7.0.4. It seems 1.7.0.5 is not full tested

In 1.7.0.5 bug with first smilies (xen_smilies) button:
View attachment 63520
(in 1.7.0.4 no this bug)

Aslo apperance bug with insert link pane, insert code pane, table properties pane, cell property pane for table, row property pane for table
View attachment 63523 View attachment 63522 View attachment 63525 View attachment 63521 View attachment 63524
Fix for a few of these bugs (I've used a too greedy regex to perform mods):https://github.com/cclaerhout/xen_TinyQuattro/commit/6717c22053506e12f7ef150a28438f0651738a9b
The pb with the table menu is still there and was there in the previous versions. Might be a css. I need to check but that might take time. Fixed

Last edited:
>>
  • Fix the last code cleaning
  • Fix a problem that have some older versions<<

What does this mean, exactly?

@jauburn it is mean what in previous version 1.7.0.5 was mass clean js-code in js/sedo/tinyquattro/tinymce/plugins/xenforo that led to some inaccuracies. In 1.7.0.6 js-code was tested more closely and fixed some problems which was mentions in this topic. :-)

Some apperance notes ;-)
On mobile view (htc one x, 1280*720 display) some insert-panes not fully displayed - panes very large:
- Palette pane - not displaying confirm buttons - vertically large
- insert code pane - vertically large
- insert special chars pane - fully very huge, cannot close pane

I not test panes from advanced bbcodes addon (i use 3.5.0 step1 version)
;-)

P.S. it is only tests, on production i use Xenforo Redactor mobile configuration by BBM mobile options, which some simply than TinyMCE

anyone notice that spell check no longer functions after the 1.7.0.4 update?
Use the last version and don't forget to activate the option inside the editor options, it works for me.

Some apperance notes ;-)
On mobile view (htc one x, 1280*720 display) some insert-panes not fully displayed - panes very large:
- Palette pane - not displaying confirm buttons - vertically large
- insert code pane - vertically large
- insert special chars pane - fully very huge, cannot close pane

I not test panes from advanced bbcodes addon (i use 3.5.0 step1 version)
;-)

P.S. it is only tests, on production i use Xenforo Redactor mobile configuration by BBM mobile options, which some simply than TinyMCE
The MCE4 modals have been originally created to suite at least tablets screen. Then you can move the modal inside the screen. I've tried to create an option to make them suite as well small screens. I can only test this mode with an Ipod Touch. You can disable this mode in the visual options and use back the original MCE mode. I might look if I can use the media css properties instead.
P.S: I don't think most of the BbCodes User Interfaces are needed on mobiles. These BbCodes have been created for editing reasons, for me a mobile device such as a phone with a small screen is incompatible with editing.

Im sorry but I dont understand what do you mean. :confused:
You're asking to have on the same textarea the XenForo Redactor Editor activated, then to enable or disable the TinyMCE Editor after pressing a button, which imply to manage two RTE editors on the same page in live, and we have to add a BbCode Editor. I might be possible to do it, I don't know, but this must very difficult so I will not go this way.

Here's an issue I've noticed with every version of this. I'm not sure whether this happens with just IE9, which is what I have on my main machine, but it does happen on IE9:

Use the Fullscreen button to expand to full screen. Type whatever you want, etc. Then press Alt-S to save the post. The editor never returns you to the post. And it won't let you go back to not full screen. The post does get saved. But it seems that a full-screen commit of the post is buggy. Again, not sure if this has to do with just IE9.

Here's an issue I've noticed with every version of this. I'm not sure whether this happens with just IE9, which is what I have on my main machine, but it does happen on IE9:

Use the Fullscreen button to expand to full screen. Type whatever you want, etc. Then press Alt-S to save the post. The editor never returns you to the post. And it won't let you go back to not full screen. The post does get saved. But it seems that a full-screen commit of the post is buggy. Again, not sure if this has to do with just IE9.
This is a IE9 shortcut that would probably need to be disabled on fullscreen mode. I will look into that.

@jauburn
Version updated on Github. When the content of the editor is submit, it will be check if the fullscreen mode is enabled. It it is, it will go back to normal mode just before submitting.

@jauburn
Version updated on Github. When the content of the editor is submit, it will be check if the fullscreen mode is enabled. It it is, it will go back to normal mode just before submitting.

That sounds like a much better solution than disabling the IE shortcut, which is very useful.

I think there's a bug with the display of code. Use the insert code button and paste some code in. Make it a long string. Save the post. When you view the post, you won't be able to see the end of the code. You can't highlight it all, no way I've found.

I think there's a bug with the display of code. Use the insert code button and paste some code in. Make it a long string. Save the post. When you view the post, you won't be able to see the end of the code. You can't highlight it all, no way I've found.
This addon doesn't interfer with the rendering of the code, php & html Bb Codes. Its job is just to create a user interface to paste your code between one of their Bb Code. If the code is too long, on my board, their's just an overflow that is created. You may need to check your css.

One question: where i can find phrase to table button? Or if this is absent - where i can create this?
This thing - one only not translated in my russian language pack :)

One question: where i can find phrase to table button? Or if this is absent - where i can create this?
This thing - one only not translated in my russian language pack :)
The phrases should already be there. Their prefix is "sedo_quattro_table". They are only activated if the table bbcode is enabled. See the template tiny_quattro_phrases.

All phrases are translated (including phrases with sedo_quattro_table prefix), but it seems button name "Table" is not use phrases.

Yeah! In this template is absent phrase.
I add to this template new line:
Code:
        "Table": "{xen:jsescape {xen:phrase sedo_quattro_table}}",
and add new phrase:
sedo_quattro_table
and all ok :-) thx

Top Bottom