[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
@Dinh Thanh - this is still a great addon - one of my favourites! However, is it possible to set the number of tags to display on the tags page? Simply that I'd like to display more than the most current hundred, if that was possible - either all, or select a specified number. Is it possible to do that by editing a value in the current files? Or would it need more dedicated coding?

@Dinh Thanh - this is still a great addon - one of my favourites! However, is it possible to set the number of tags to display on the tags page? Simply that I'd like to display more than the most current hundred, if that was possible - either all, or select a specified number. Is it possible to do that by editing a value in the current files? Or would it need more dedicated coding?

Which page do you mean? /tags/?

How can we import our XenTag tags in the new coming Xenforo Tag system? See you a chance to make a tool to do this job fast end simple?

I guess it is not time to ask for such a tool. You need to wait until XenForo 1.5 gets released.

XenForo 1.5 Beta 1 got released today.

@Dinh Thanh @xfrocks do you have any plans to release a tool to export tags to XenForo's own tagging system?

Last edited:
Hopefully @Dinh Thanh or @xfrocks are able to do an importer but if not then @Super120 - you'll need to check out the xf_tinhte_xentag_tag and xf_tinhte_xentag_tagged_content tables.
Also notice the extra fields in the xf_thead table called "tinhte_xentag_tags" and "tinhte_xentag_is_tagged".

There are also fields in the xf_page and xf_resource tables so they'd all need taken into account.

With any luck, we won't all need to figure this out on our own but it's early days - 1.5 is not out of beta yet.

For anyone interested, a tool to import tags from this add-on to XenForo's 1.5 tagging system is available here: [by PiX-house.com] Importer for [Tinhte] XenTag to XenForo 1.5
Have you noticed that tag URLs are different in XenTag and XF?
XenTag URL: forum.com/tags/thread+tagging/
XF Tag URL: forum.com/tags/thread-tagging/

So after importing all previous links will be dead? A lot of search engine traffic will be affected in that case, does that add-on also handle this?

This is not the thread for the importer, you've posted in the wrong place.

However, to answer your post - this would be a VERY simple .htaccess rewrite rule.

It's is neither xenForo's, xenTags, or PixHouse's responsibility to do this. You'll need to edit .htaccess yourself

This is not the thread for the importer, you've posted in the wrong place.
I just quoted a post from THIS thread, and I know the right and wrong place!
I'm not using that importer, I'll wait and see what Dinh Thanh decides.

I just quoted a post from THIS thread, and I know the right and wrong place!
I'm not using that importer, I'll wait and see what Dinh Thanh decides.
Sorry, perhaps it was wrong to assume that since you quoted the post with a link to the importer, that you were actually using it.

well, ideally this addon will be updated to update the tags to core and then to extend the brand new core feature to match the featureset of this three and a half year old addon...

We rely heavily on the Related Threads widget in XenTag so will likely continue to use XenTag over XF 1.5 core tagging
Yeah, that's the only downside as I see it so far. I'm sure someone will release a related threads add on soon, now that tagging is in the core. Who know's, it may even be @Dinh Thanh
well, ideally this addon will be updated to update the tags to core and then to extend the brand new core feature to match the featureset of this three and a half year old addon...

Planned :)
Hope we will see it on the week of Xenforo 1.5 Release

Hi Mr @Dinh Thanh ,
Please help me to fix some issues:
- Should add option to limit tags per new thread (I can not find this option in the latest addon version)
- Issue happens with file "libarry/Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php": throw error at _discussionPreSave --> should change to throw error at _discussionPostSave (function name: public function Tinhte_XenTag_updateTagsInDatabase())

Thanks so much.

Top Bottom