[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
It could, yes.

Running this query should confirm it:
Code:
SELECT * FROM xf_permission_entry WHERE user_id =x;

Here's what I got.

Don't know what it means or if correct or if needs fixing.

Please advise. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-04-20 at 5.39.03 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-04-20 at 5.39.03 PM.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for your reply. It does not work for my example. Can it be due to underscores ?
=> Would Sony_Xperia_Z1 be proposed for "xperia"?
Yes, I think that that is it. It will only suggest tags where a word begins with xperia. Underscores aren't considered "word-breaking" characters to programmers. You may wish to change the tag from "Sony_Xperia_Z1" to "Sony Xperia Z1". That's how I do it.

See this demo, where "esoph" doesn't match "gastroesophageal," but "gastro" does:
xenforo demo2.gif

Thanks for keeping up the support on this thead, by the way, @Dinh Thanh :). This is a very important addon for a lot of sites.

Last edited:
does this do anything for seo?
It is great for SEO.

I first started noticing how important tags are when I used our Google Custom search engine on our network of sites and the tag pages on our WordPress site beat out our XenForo forum on our main site even though our WordPress sites had almost no pagerank. However, tags are terrific for concentrating anchor text and pagerank on your best pages.

More details can be found in this post and the linked posts:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/tinhte-xentag.32231/page-46#post-711676

I'm getting a strange console error with this mod installed.
If I click "edit" on a post then nothing happens but the console shows this error....
OverlayLoader for posts/18/edit-inline
xenforo.js?_v=eeb83a36:564 ExtLoader Failure parsererror 200
xenforo.js?_v=eeb83a36:537 Loaded css 0, editor_ui
xenforo.js?_v=eeb83a36:537 Loaded css 1, bbm_editor_redactor_autocss

If I click edit for the second time then it works. any ideas? @Dinh Thanh

If I disable this mod then everything works fine.

can this add the tags... so for example if a tag has been added somewhere xyx456 if that word is mentioned in another thread will it auto tag it?

I'd like to pay to support the developer, and remove the branding, but I can't figure out where to go to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction? Sorry if it's plainly obvious and I'm being stupid!

I think you just send a forum PM to @Dinh Thanh. I think that that is what I did. It's a very valuable addon, great for UI and SEO, so I've always been glad I did.

If you want service from the original developer, you also have the option of joining https://xfrocks.com/ . @Dinh Thanh is the owner of the addon, and @xfrocks is the person who coded it. I exchanged a couple of messages with @xfrocks a forever ago and he seemed professional and helpful. He may offer paid support through a membership program, but I'm not sure.

Other tag-heads like myself might be interested in a thread I started in the development subforum about modifying XenTag:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/adding-a-field-to-a-table-and-accessing-from-a-template.98254/

It allows you to optionally add a different clickable link with special formatting to each tag, as follows:

upload_2015-5-15_23-21-16-png.106200

My site has a wiki which has special web pages that correspond to many tags, and the idea is to use these links to draw attention from the tag pages to the very high quality content in the wiki pages. Obviously, others could use it differently.

For example, you could likely use the same approach to put raw HTML on the page, something which you can't do with the inbuilt description field (it would be a security hole, anyway).

The downside of this approach is that you'd have to add the link text and link URL directly into your *SQL database, using a tool such as phpMyAdmin. Most people wouldn't be willing to do that, which might make this hack a nonstarter for them. It doesn't bug me at all, because using phpMyAdmin makes entering the data like typing into a spreadsheet, and I don't want anyone besides myself messing with these links anyway.

Another thing that could make the hack a nonstarter is the technical level. You need to make a template edit and be willing to add an extra column to one of the tables in your database. You shouldn't even consider that unless you have a good backup system in place. You'd probably want a development forum to try things out on as well so you don't put your production forum out of action for a while by mistake.

I'd like to pay to support the developer, and remove the branding, but I can't figure out where to go to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction? Sorry if it's plainly obvious and I'm being stupid!
Open a conversation with him: @Dinh Thanh the support is excellent. ;)

I'm getting a strange console error with this mod installed.
If I click "edit" on a post then nothing happens but the console shows this error....

If I click edit for the second time then it works. any ideas? @Dinh Thanh

If I disable this mod then everything works fine.

Just to pin this down a little more @Dinh Thanh ..... it only happens in forums that a closed to new posts / replies.

Do it also happens when trying to edit a post which is part of a soft-deleted thread?

Thanks for your answer!
You mean in xenforo or in vB? In xenforo I do not have any censored word within the options menu. I do filter words in vB.

Top Bottom