[Tinhte] Image Attachment Optimization & CDN Support

[Tinhte] Image Attachment Optimization 2.3.0 20170315

No permission to download
Although you rated 5 stars, I'm still not agree with you :)
>> 5 Stars bro, works well with MaxCDN. Does not work with Cloudflare

My Site, Tinhte.vn is working with cloudflare (check it: http://cdn.tinhte.vn/attachments/663478/).
I will work with you to see why?
Please answer my above question: Ah, you are using CloudFlare, in this case, Did you use A or CName for cdn.8thos.com?
Cname but when I went to change the cname to the max cdn I see that they changed my cdn name to 8thos.com so it actually may not be cloudflare's fault at all, probably my host because I know 100% sure I made sure the cname pointed ot cdn.8thos.com

Cname but when I went to change the cname to the max cdn I see that they changed my cdn name to 8thos.com so it actually may not be cloudflare's fault at all, probably my host because I know 100% sure I made sure the cname pointed ot cdn.8thos.com

OK.
Now back to CloudFlare with CName. So I will check for you.
Please point cdn.8thos.com to 8thos.com (CNname)

For instance, I created the subdomain cdn.8thos.com and made it point to cdn.8thos.com per Cloudflares direction right.

When I gave up on cloudflare and was going to change the cname to what MaxCDN gave me, I saw that my cname was no longer cdn.8thos.com. It was 8thos.com

Like how did that change happen? So that tells me not to even bother with Cloudflare on my host because MaxCDN is working fine.

Why should 8thos.com be the cname entry instead of cdn.8thos.com
Because 8thos.com is your root domain. If you want your sub-domain have same content as your root domain, you have to point it to root domain.

Here is my setup:
Screen Shot 2012-09-03 at 3.26.12 PM.webp

Yours should be the same.

Of course, you can use MaxCDN but I want to sure that you will also be fine with CloudFlare and you don't need to pay for MaxCDN.
And I also don't want you review that my addon doesn't work with CloudFlare, because it works fine on my site for months.

subdomain5-jpg.30492

This was wrong.
Your CDN.8thos.com can not handle /attachments/ route. So when clients request something like http://cdn.8thos.com/attachments/xxxx/, your web server will say "not found".

At CloufFlare, you must point cdn.8thos.com to 8thos.com, then add a pointed domain on host for cdn.8thos.com

For clear, both 8thos.com & cdn.8thos.com must be pointed to a same account (same content).
Works now! Now I gotta redo my Cloudflare guide. :whistle:

Seriously ? No offense, but I've explained that over and over again.

Site: SociallyUncensored.eu
Static content: SociallyUncensored.com

The attachments are ON .com (static content)

Here, we mis-understanding.
/attachments/ are not static contents, they are Xenforo script (php). My addon make them to guess permission & cache-able, then CDN Servers can pull them & cache them as static contents. Attachments them-shelf are not static files so you must point it to Xenforo installed domain.

Here, we mis-understanding.
/attachments/ are not static contents, they are Xenforo script (php). My addon make them to guess permission & cache-able, then CDN Servers can pull them & cache them as static contents. Attachments them shelf are not static so you must point it to Xenforo installed domain.
Attachments are static content.

What your add-on fails to complete is the re-write for that content which is processed through the php. But the end result is static content.

Works now! Now I gotta redo my Cloudflare guide. :whistle:

8Thos,
In case of using CloudFlare, if you have Pro Account, please add A Rule for your domain like this to let CloudFlare cache all attachments file (normally CloudFlare don't cache file without extension like .css .js, .jpg, .png, .gif,...)
Screen Shot 2012-09-03 at 3.54.42 PM.webp

Attachments are static content.

What your add-on fails to complete is the re-write for that content which is processed through the php. But the end result is static content.

I know they are static but Xenforo don't act it as statics :). Xenforo don't store attachments file in place we can access directly. I also don't make a copy of these file to serve it as static content.

And I didn't say that My addon will make attachments to static contents.

Top Bottom