Threadmarks Pro

Threadmarks Pro [Paid] 2.21.1

No permission to buy ($40.00)
If you can, leave a review as it helps the add-on visibility.
sure, i will ;) Still have to get familiar with this tool.
Yeah, a username/avatar in the threadmark index would definitely help. Shouldn't be too hard, but I'll need to think about it a bit
fine!

Some more things I found + wishlist:
  • I saw that there's a nesting feature. I don't think I'd use it, but I cannot see how this would work. What's the purpose of nesting Threadmarks?
  • Did you include the TM index in thread previews on purpose? I'd prefer them without the TM index (XF Core standard).
  • A cool feature would be an option to show threadmarks always ordered chronologically and remove order options in that case when saving threadmarks.
  • Widget: An option to order the threadmarks by post date and also display post date instead of TM date would be cool.
  • In reader mode not always the right TM category is preselected in the tabs (it seems always the default category with ID 1 is selected)
  • I noticed: when you remove usergroup rights from a TM category, all threadmarks with this category cannot be edited/deleted anymore. Wouldn't it be better to just restrict adding them?

I use threadmarks on a XF1 forum. If I upgrade to XF2, can I use the old threadmarks data with the new Threadmarks Pro?
Yes, I've updated the product description to state this.

Some more things I found + wishlist:
  • I saw that there's a nesting feature. I don't think I'd use it, but I cannot see how this would work. What's the purpose of nesting Threadmarks?
My user base write a lot of original (and fan) fiction, it is used as a sort of chapter titles and support grouping of chapters into "arcs".

• Did you include the TM index in thread previews on purpose? I'd prefer them without the TM index (XF Core standard).
Yes, as the idea is the TM Index is a high level description. I can make this a toggle fairly easily.

• A cool feature would be an option to show threadmarks always ordered chronologically and remove order options in that case when saving threadmarks.
This is relatively straight forward to remove the UI option for it. It actually defaults to chronological if you don't explicitly enter an option. A simple template modification to not load the after which threadmark and disable sorting would be doable. Sorting however allows you to fix a lot of potential issues with threadmarks on a thread as it rebuilds cache information. Probably making a user group permission would be easy enough.

But this would be a fairly low priority.

• Widget: An option to order the threadmarks by post date and also display post date instead of TM date would be cool.
Easy to add, it is just changing the sorting which the XF2 finder design makes easy.

• In reader mode not always the right TM category is preselected in the tabs (it seems always the default category with ID 1 is selected)
This may be a bit of a bug as a result of the default category 1 is 'special' in that it removes the ids and provides a simplied URL structure.

• I noticed: when you remove usergroup rights from a TM category, all threadmarks with this category cannot be edited/deleted anymore. Wouldn't it be better to just restrict adding them?
This is by design, as on XF1 I have a "staff threadmark" category which only staff can use/edit/delete and another add-on provides staff-only bbcode will always work on that post if a threadmark in that category is there. This is used as part of how we communicate to users various staff directives in a thread.

When I open the overlay "View all X Threadmarks" and click on a TM that's on the same page, the overlay does not close. I suppose thats a small bug.

When I click on "Sort linked contents" I always get "No content was returned. Please try again later.". Not 100% sure, but I think in an earlier version I got a sortable list of threadmarks when I clicked on the link.

My user base write a lot of original (and fan) fiction, it is used as a sort of chapter titles and support grouping of chapters into "arcs".
o.k. I see. But how does this feature work in XF2? How can I nest threadmarks? In the sortable list (see above) it did not work.

Yes, as the idea is the TM Index is a high level description. I can make this a toggle fairly easily.
cool! (y)

Easy to add, it is just changing the sorting which the XF2 finder design makes easy.
fine. Such a feature for widgets would be great (y)

When I open the overlay "View all X Threadmarks" and click on a TM that's on the same page, the overlay does not close. I suppose thats a small bug.
I'll have a look on what can be done.

When I click on "Sort linked contents" I always get "No content was returned. Please try again later.". Not 100% sure, but I think in an earlier version I got a sortable list of threadmarks when I clicked on the link.
Will look into that.

This feature is for linked threads (which should only show if more than 1 thread is linked to the index), the "sort threadmarks" icon is next to the 'reader mode' link.

Xon updated Threadmarks Pro with a new update entry:

2.0.8 - Bugfix update

• Add sort option to threadmark widget (threadmark date vs content date)
  • Per-author stats now consistently reports the content author, not the threadmark creator
  • Per-author stats now is cachable
  • Rework selection logic for non-continuous ranges;
    • Guests prefer the start of the threadmark list
    • Members (with no unread items) prefer the end of the threadmark list
    • Members (with some unread items) cluster around unread items and then prefer the end of the threadmark...

Read the rest of this update entry...

2.1.5 - Feature update

• If using Word Count Search, require Word Count Search to 2.1.10+
  • Style property controlling auto-collapsing of threadmark/author list for embedded views
  • Style property controlling if a thread with linked content always shows the linked content-bar on every page
  • Links to linked content now go directly to the content when viewing from a thread
  • Support a threadmark index on a thread without any threadmarks
  • Add what's new threadmarks tab
  • Allow a content with a...

2.1.6 - Bugfix update

• Add 'Include prefix(es) in linked content title' style property
  • Add 'Scroll linked content list' style property
  • Change: Allow thread starters of a thread to be considered the index owner
  • Change: Sorting threads promotes the forum of the first thread to the "container" of the threadmark index
  • Fix: linked content could generate broken link to threads without threadmarks
  • Fix: Missing phrase on attempting to add content to a threadmark index that isn't allowed
  • Fix...

Top Bottom