Threadmarks Pro

Threadmarks Pro [Paid] 2.21.5

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I'm considering purchasing this add-on for a new fiction site. The threadmarks will be used for chapters.

Can you please tell me if a user posts in a response to a threadmark, is their post listed under that specific threadmark, or as the last post in the thread? I'm thinking of allowing one threadmark per page (comment posts under it) and am wondering how the posts will appear.

Threadmarks overlays an index over a thread, so if someone responds to a threadmark'ed post it is added to the end of the thread like normal. In practice this works well; you can see it being used heavily in SpaceBattles's creative writing forum. (This is the XF1 version, but works the same as the XF1 version. Requires Word Count Search (free) add-on for the word-count related bits)

There isn't any support the force a single threadmark per page.

Xon updated Threadmarks Pro with a new update entry:

2.3.4 - Bugfix update

• Fix performance regression in threadmark read tracking
  • Fix various issues with rss feed
  • Fix threadmark sorting not handling nested threadmarks which have had thier parent removed
  • Cleanup old threadmark read column
  • Only add 'reader mode' button to thread view if the thread has threadmarks (with the first category)
  • Adjust 'new threadmarks' filter (unread + watched threads, as these are AND'ed together currently)
  • Add CLI command for rebuilding threadmark counts &...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is it possible to add support for a format where the threadmarks are shown as the main posts and comments are nested? Something like this or this. Ideally, only the OP (or others with OP permissions, like in collaborative threads) are able to post a "main" post, and all others are only able to add nested comments.

For my site's purposes, it could avoid a lot of confusion as people comment on a particular chapter. I'm willing to pay for this feature to be developed, if you're interested.

Would love to see this. I think it would really help with load length for long chapters on mobile. Again, willing to chip in for development if this is possible.

Last edited:
Xon updated Threadmarks Pro with a new update entry:

2.3.11 - Bugfix/Performance fixes

• Mark just posted posts with threadmarks as read
  • Fix that "add threadmark" overlay would incorrectly insert into the start of the threadmark list
  • Fix that "add threadmark" overlay would not handling large positions correctly (incorrectly encoding them in human readable number formating)
  • Fix issue when adding a threadmark caused causing position information in the wrong categories to be updated
  • Ensure next/previous buttons have the same ordering as the overall index

Read the rest of this update entry...

Threadmarks overlays an index over a thread, so if someone responds to a threadmark'ed post it is added to the end of the thread like normal. In practice this works well; you can see it being used heavily in SpaceBattles's creative writing forum. (This is the XF1 version, but works the same as the XF1 version. Requires Word Count Search (free) add-on for the word-count related bits)

Hello Xon, thanks for the many wonderful addons for XF.

I looked at the SpaceBattles forum you linked and now I'm wondering what I need to turn on (and where it is) to enable multiple threadmark categories.
Like shown in this thread.

I'm probably overlooking something basic (wouldn't be the first time), but I've been messing around in the AdminCP for a good few hours and can't for the life of me figure it out.

In the AdminCP, under Fourms, there is a "Threadmark categories" link. Just add more categories and adjust which groups are allowed to use them,

In the AdminCP, under Fourms, there is a "Threadmark categories" link. Just add more categories and adjust which groups are allowed to use them,

Hmm. Under Add-ons it says that we have Threadmarks 2.3.13 and the support button links to here so I think we have the paid version. The forum owner said that they bought it at least.

Under the forums sidebar on the AdminCP this is what I see.

Searching the AdminCP, I can fine multiple phrases related to Threadmark Categories (including "phrase: admin_navigation.svThreadmarkCategories") but I can't actually find the Categories option anywhere.

1565601451995.webp
Make sure you user has all admin permissions or the Threadmark admin permission. There is an edge case where upgrading from XF1 => XF2 can result in super-admins not having the admin permissions that you expect.

Top Bottom