Resource icon

Thread Watchers 1.2

No permission to download
Excellent work yet again Chris. (y)
Thank you Shelley :)

Oh, and if you feel like doing any new thread style enhancements I'm sure you'd do a great job on enhancing how the watchers banner looks ;)

I basically have just used the same CSS as the bar you see when a thread is locked. Hope it doesn't look too sucky.

Thank you Shelley :)

Oh, and if you feel like doing any new thread style enhancements I'm sure you'd do a great job on enhancing how the watchers banner looks ;)

I basically have just used the same CSS as the bar you see when a thread is locked. Hope it doesn't look too sucky.

I'll take a looksy at it shortly and see what I can do. I'm sure it looks great anyway but will install this after I've prepared dinner. :)

:p I actually rarely eat bacon. Once maybe twice a year, I'm a healthy eater and stay away from eating fatty foods. Doesn't mean I still can't be a fan of it and smother myself with bacon before I go to bed each night. Hang on a second.... did I just say that out loud? hmmmm bacon. Love the smell of bacon though, there have been instances I've just cooked bacon just for the smell and a couple of years ago I tested the theory that bacon could be cooked in hot weather, so one hot summers day I hung the bacon out on the washing line and they really did sizzle up nicely. True story.

Anyhow, wow, didn't this thread turn to a random bacon topic. :D *hmmmmmm* I really need to stop typing before I ramble on about pestering you about a promote poll to sidebar which of course I would never do in public. Never would I ask you to (time permitting of course) you use your wonderful talents in creating a promote poll to sidebar as a standalone add-on like the poll widget add-on. Nah, I was pondering on bring it up but thought, nah, not in public. :LOL:

edit: just installed, flawless install no issues whatsoever. Looks all good to me chris. Very nice work. ::)

Doesn't mean I still can't be a fan of it and smother myself with bacon before I go to bed each night. Hang on a second.... did I just say that out loud? hmmmm bacon.
I think there's probably some people who would quite enjoy more details about that... :giggle:

I really need to stop typing before I ramble on about pestering you about a promote poll to sidebar which of course I would never do in public. Never would I ask you to (time permitting of course) you use your wonderful talents in creating a promote poll to sidebar as a standalone add-on like the poll widget add-on. Nah, I was pondering on bring it up but thought, nah, not in public. :LOL:
You know it's funny you should bring that up. Remember you asked me about that and I told you of a poll related thing I was going to be working on. Well, I'm actually working on that right now and at the same time I thought... hey, Shelley wants a poll thing. So I haven't forgotten :)

edit: just installed, flawless install no issues whatsoever. Looks all good to me chris. Very nice work. ::)
Thank you :D (y)

I think there's probably some people who would quite enjoy more details about that... :giggle:

You know it's funny you should bring that up. Remember you asked me about that and I told you of a poll related thing I was going to be working on. Well, I'm actually working on that right now and at the same time I thought... hey, Shelley wants a poll thing. So I haven't forgotten :)

Thank you :D (y)

Great to hear. I wanted to somehow alert you of it in case you did forget but didn't want to make it obvious that I was pestering you about it. Why am i admitting this? :D Jokery aside, thanks again Chris, and only when you have time to spare I know your busy.

Just curious (we're now getting back onto topic :P) With the watchers addon specifically the word watchers in the container i'm wanting to display: none; watchers and replace it with an icon via css rather than make a direct template edit. Question is the classes used if I'm not mistaken will these affect other areas? As they're using the same class. Just wonder whether something like .watchers so it only affects this container when making styling adjustments could be added so any changes via css won't affect other areas. Hopefully I explained that correctly.

something like the following i'm doing except it'll be a pair of specs I'll be adding in rather than a smiley but concerned that the spectacle icon would display elsewhere.(screenshot below)

watchers.webp

If you tell me what template edits would be needed and what CSS would ensure wouldn't cock up something else, I will happily add that.

I have to release an update later anyway as I cocked up and left some test code in there somewhere :rolleyes:

I know if you look in the thread_view template for the code similar to this there's an empty span tag with a class assigned. That's how the little padlock is added, but it is aligned to the right hand side of that bar. (If you check out a closed thread it will make more sense). If you want me to add that empty span tag back in to aid in styling or do anything else, I'm more than happy.

I'll see how it goes and test this on my live site chris a custom class may not be needed I'm assuming that it would but hopefully I'm wrong about that. :)

This is what I plan to do watchers2.webp amongst other styling so hopefully nothing else will be affect (like you mentioned the closed thread alerts as i've styled this specifically on a style at bbsmiley so i'll be able to confirm if it directly affects any changes I make with the watchers area. Anyhow, thanks again chris for the reply. ;)

I like it very much Chris, excellent work :)

Just sharing my idea, why not have the Watch things in same row? instead of having another bar/container.

Have a look..

Text version:
Watchers-Text.webp

Icon version:
Watchers-Icon.webp

Reactions: HWS
Awesome addon. This has been requested by some IP.Board user I think who wanted the same for xenforo.
I second Veer's suggestion.

I'll see how it goes and test this on my live site chris a custom class may not be needed I'm assuming that it would but hopefully I'm wrong about that. :)

This is what I plan to do View attachment 36664 amongst other styling so hopefully nothing else will be affect (like you mentioned the closed thread alerts as i've styled this specifically on a style at bbsmiley so i'll be able to confirm if it directly affects any changes I make with the watchers area. Anyhow, thanks again chris for the reply. ;)
Shelley, I really like the look of that so, with your permission, I'd like to implement it in the next version. Don't get too excited - there won't be much in the next version other than removing some code I accidentally left in there that isn't required... And... oh go on then... I'll implement an option to have the Watch count as "text only" and displayed in the Thread Tools section to please Veer and Luxus...

But I love the look of the little glasses icon.

I would like to implement it with the following code, by adding the line in red.
Rich (BB code):
<xen:if is="{$watchers}">
	<dl class="threadAlerts secondaryContent">
		<span class="alertIcon"></span>

Then add the icon using CSS:
Code:
.alertIcon
{
	float: left;
	width: 16px;
	height: 16px;
	margin-right: 5px;
	background: url('styles/ThreadWatchers/glasses.png') no-repeat;
}

What do you think? Would it be possible for you to send me/upload the icon from your screenshot? The ones I've found so far have been crap.

Shelley, I really like the look of that so, with your permission, I'd like to implement it in the next version. Don't get too excited - there won't be much in the next version other than removing some code I accidentally left in there that isn't required... And... oh go on then... I'll implement an option to have the Watch count as "text only" and displayed in the Thread Tools section to please Veer and Luxus...

I would like to implement it with the following code, by adding the line in red.
Rich (BB code):

Code:
.alertIcon
{
}

What do you think? Would it be possible for you to send me/upload the icon from your screenshot? The ones I've found so far have been crap.

Sure thing chris. Give me two seconds to get the icon. :)

Rich (BB code):

Code:
.alertIcon
{
}

Icon attached in the attachment area.

Attachments

• Shelley_specs_renameaccordinly..webp
    Shelley_specs_renameaccordinly..webp
    356 bytes · Views: 218
Chris Deeming updated Thread Watchers with a new update entry:

Text only mode and minor graphical improvements

First, thank you to Shelley :)

To enhance the watchers banner we now have a small icon:

hWiww.png

This icon can be turned off by editing EXTRA.css

Finally, I have introduced an option for text only mode. This can be enabled in Admin CP > Options. And looks like this:

3puJk.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom