Resource icon

Thread Watchers 1.2

No permission to download
Hmm...

zqdi3.png

Yes!! :D Love it!

Wonderful idea. I just added this. However, it's not showing up as either a bar or text. I thought it might need to be a new thread but no luck there either.

The "add a poll" is there so wonder if there might be some kind of conflict.

EDIT: Looks like an update was added so re-installed and now all is good. :)

Thanks!

You added an alert? Like it tells you who watches your thread?
No.

The blue horizontal bar with the glasses icon is an alert. At least it is described as such in CSS, just like the closed bar. It's css is ".threadAlert".

Wonderful idea. I just added this. However, it's not showing up as either a bar or text. I thought it might need to be a new thread but no luck there either.

The "add a poll" is there so wonder if there might be some kind of conflict.
Maybe there's no one watching the thread? I doubt it's a conflict as I have both those add-ons installed (you can probably see that in some of the screenshots) and it works fine.

Finally got around to adding this.

Awesome work Chris, thanks.

Also, thanks for the image addition Shelley.

What a great add-on, Chris! (y) Is is possible to implement some sort of permission control for this feature? I rather not show this information to non-members.

What a great add-on, Chris! (y) Is is possible to implement some sort of permission control for this feature? I rather not show this information to non-members.

You could likely wrap it in some conditionals. I wouldn't know for certain what to use though, I have seen the code posted around the forums tons of times though.

I just thought of an idea. Wouldn't it be cool to have a feature like...

"Members who is watching this thread is also watching..."

This feature is common on for instance Amazon.

Amazon - Customers who bought this item also bought.webp

You could likely wrap it in some conditionals. I wouldn't know for certain what to use though, I have seen the code posted around the forums tons of times though.
I often use TMS to create some sort of permission control. That wouldn't really be a problem for me. But it always great to get features into the core code.

I often use TMS to create some sort of permission control. That wouldn't really be a problem for me. But it always great to get features into the core code.
Because it is a basic conditional, I'd be inclined not to introduce any sort of permission control for it.

Quite simply, in thread_view_watchers template, add the code in red.

Rich (BB code):
<xen:require css="thread_view_watchers.css" />

<xen:if is="{$watchers} AND {$visitor.user_id}">
	<xen:if is="!{$xenOptions.threadWatchersTextOnly}">
		<dl class="threadAlerts secondaryContent">
			<span class="alertIcon"></span>
			<dt>{xen:phrase threadwatchers_watchers}:</dt>
			<xen:if is="{xen:number $watchers} > 1">			
				<dd>{xen:phrase threadwatchers_this_thread_has_x_watchers, 'count={xen:number $watchers}', 'link={xen:link threads/watchers, $thread}'}.</dd>
			<xen:else />
				<dd>{xen:phrase threadwatchers_this_thread_has_x_watcher, 'count={xen:number $watchers}', 'link={xen:link threads/watchers, $thread}'}.</dd>
			</xen:if>
		</dl>	

And in thread_view_watchers_text template:

Rich (BB code):
<xen:if is="{$watchers} AND {$visitor.user_id}">
	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.threadWatchersTextOnly}">
		<a href="{xen:link threads/watchers, $thread}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase threadwatchers_watchers}: {xen:number $watchers}</a>

Top Bottom