Resource icon

Thread Watchers 1.2

No permission to download
Error

Please enter a valid callback method.

When attempting to upgrade to 1.1
Basically, what Shelley said. Everything seems to be working fine.

Try again and if it still fails, completely uninstall and reinstall the add-on.

I have a suggestion. People with disabled javascript will get a seperate page instead of the thread watchers overlay. The link structure of those pages is always "threads/threadTitle.23/watchers". So they can easily get to pages with threads not watched by anyone. On those pages it would be suitable to output a "This thread currently isn't watched by anyone" message instead of nothing.

And... oh go on then... I'll implement an option to have the Watch count as "text only" and displayed in the Thread Tools section to please Veer and Luxus...
Thank you very much Chris for implementing Text only mode, Loved it :)

Just noticed that Guest visitors (and bots) can also see the link "Watchers", I think guests should not be able to see this information.

Oh I have another suggestion. The text-only mode only works with javascript enabled while the other mode also works without javascript. So my suggestion is to make the text-only mode work without javascript :)

I have a suggestion. People with disabled javascript will get a seperate page instead of the thread watchers overlay. The link structure of those pages is always "threads/threadTitle.23/watchers". So they can easily get to pages with threads not watched by anyone. On those pages it would be suitable to output a "This thread currently isn't watched by anyone" message instead of nothing.
You're absolutely right, I will make that change.

Thank you very much Chris for implementing Text only mode, Loved it :)

Just noticed that Guest visitors (and bots) can also see the link "Watchers", I think guests should not be able to see this information.
I disagree. I see no problem with guests viewing the list of people watching the thread. After all, there's nothing to stop guests from viewing the list of people who have liked each post. I don't see any harm caused by a guest seeing how many watchers or who they are.

However, I should have prevented bots from indexing that link - and I didn't. So I will implement that too.

Basically, what Shelley said. Everything seems to be working fine.

Try again and if it still fails, completely uninstall and reinstall the add-on.

Worked - oddly, when re-copying the library files to be overwritten were the 1.0 ones.
Must have clicked "Skip" or something.

Appoligizes.

Hey chris,

I'm just wondering if you would consider moving the watchers container above the "search this thread, thread tools etc" text? I just think any containers should be above it and it looks kind of odd when you have closed topics container as well. My suggestion would be to move it above the text? :)

watchers_container_placement.webp

Nice plugin Chris, might come in handy on my forums. :) And yeah, like Shelley said above there, would be nicer if it's above that, or maybe some how "merge"/"append" it in with the current thread status, if thread status isn't used, the watchers would be used?

If thread status = not used, else; thread watcher ; >

"Thread Status: Not open for further replies. Watchers: This thread is being watched by 2 users." If "thread status" isn't triggered, the "Watchers" would be used by default? To help save on space/keep it together..

I will look at moving it - the position has changed - and it was because I was having problems using the hook.

For similar reasons, I won't be merging the two bars... but I will look at moving it back.

Reactions: vVv
I will look at moving it - the position has changed - and it was because I was having problems using the hook.

For similar reasons, I won't be merging the two bars... but I will look at moving it back.

aight, fair enough. :) i'm just one to keep things in one place lol. :P i used to tweak my wordpress themes like that haha. figured, if things could / can be "compiled", then why not :)

I would definitely do it if there was an elegant way of doing it. It's always best to use template hooks where possible and the closed status isn't within one so it's awkward to add code within it.

Hey chris,

I'm just wondering if you would consider moving the watchers container above the "search this thread, thread tools etc" text? I just think any containers should be above it and it looks kind of odd when you have closed topics container as well. My suggestion would be to move it above the text? :)

72m83.png

Better? The problems I was having with that hook previously were due to the text link... that's done differently now so this change was easy.

I would definitely do it if there was an elegant way of doing it. It's always best to use template hooks where possible and the closed status isn't within one so it's awkward to add code within it.

72m83.png

Better? The problems I was having with that hook previously were due to the text link... that's done differently now so this change was easy.

hell yes, now release update lmao. I haven't installed this yet, so.. my as well do installation of it when/if that version released.. :P xD

72m83.png

Looks good to me Chris :thumbsup:

What's the opinion on the lock icon and the glasses icon being on opposite ends?

Does it look odd? It's bothering me :confused:

What's the opinion on the lock icon and the glasses icon being on opposite ends?

just make it so it floats: right lol. i know what you mean though, it would bug me as well haha. i like things uniformed and simple/sexy lol

I think floating it to the right for consistency sake would be a good move. anyone wanting to have it to the left will/can easily make the css edit.

Reactions: vVv
Top Bottom