Thread Titles Manager

Thread Titles Manager 1.0.1 Patch Level 2

No permission to download

Anatoliy

Anatoliy submitted a new resource:

Thread Titles - This add-on fixes too long thread titles.

By default thread titles are formatted like "Thread title | Board title". If a thread tile is too long (more than 70 characters), the addon applies a template modification turning "Thread title | Board title" into "Thread title".

In addition it shows in ACP a list of thread titles that are longer than 70 characters even after dropping the " | Board title" part (for manual title editing).

View attachment 270471

View attachment 270472

Read more about this resource...

Your add-on adds a category and pages in the ACP. Then the question is, why did you place TitleController in the Pub directory?
All admin panel controllers must be placed in Admin\Controller.
It is also a good practice to use phrases, and not direct placement of text in templates, as you have now.

Why is your cutoff set to 70 characters? The standard limit in Google search is 150 characters, I believe.

In fact, it seems that while Google recommends a limit of 150 to conform to "industry standards", Google itself has no limit to the title tag.

In fact, it seems that while Google recommends a limit of 150 to conform to "industry standards", Google itself has no limit to the title tag.
Could you please post a screen of google search results with a title of 150 characters long?

I decided that I need such an addon when I noticed that Google keeps those " | Board title" for my shorter thread titles in its search results, and drops for my longer titles. And especially I wanted at that moment to have in my hand a list of all my thread titles that even without " | Board title" are shortened in SERP as CTR of those are dropping accordingly.

I'm reporting the industry standard and Google's comments. Show me conflicting information.

Anatoliy updated Thread Titles with a new update entry:

1.0.3 Beta 3

Added "Too Short Titles" submenu that lists threads with title length less than a specified number. So far it is set to "50 - Board title length". I was going from an assumption that thread title should be somewhere between 50 - 70 characters long. But now I can see that totally normal titles are listed as too short. Will be changed in the next update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom