Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.13.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
The latter code there was to fix, in forum view, on the right side of the last post, white space caused by the avatar code.

The latter code there was to fix, in forum view, on the right side of the last post, white space caused by the avatar code.
Yes, I did notice there's too much white space after the avatars, but your code as specified just did not work for me - you saw the results. Maybe I can try tweaking it later. But fortunately it shouldn't be too bad for me as is, because except for a sticky here and there, the threads in the nodes where I'm using it all contain images.

And... I just reread what you actually wrote. Think I saw what I wanted to see there. Yeah, I'll have to look at that, too.

It's a pain and not very user friendly. I would turn it into an article forum for the "Preview" mode thumbnails, but it's a Suggestion forum and XF doesn't offer that view there.

It's a pain and not very user friendly. I would turn it into an article forum for the "Preview" mode thumbnails, but it's a Suggestion forum and XF doesn't offer that view there.
Yeah, I'm not a coder, obviously, but maybe it has something to do with the way the addon creates thumbnails that forces this approach. The last thumbnail addon I used didn't touch avatars, and all I had to do was adjust one or two settings and it worked beautifully for all my styles, even styles I tried but didn't keep - so we're talking well over a dozen. I only wanted to replace it because it wasn't php 8 compatible and the dev obviously didn't have any motivation to update anything. All that aside, I've tried, I think, four thumbnail addon's before this, over the years, and I'm pretty sure this is the first one that has made me manually input node ID numbers to add or exempt nodes in the addon. Not the end of the world, I know, but come on, guys, give us at least a little modern convenience. :)

I simply changed the '(2)' at the end of the first line of that third block to '(1)' and it works, and no more white space on that right side. (y)

Can't explain it, must be

Can't explain it, must be

It's something. The only problem now is the mini-avatar that shows the threads you've participated in. Not sure if I can get used to it as is, way off to the right side:

thumbnailexample3.jpg

Gotta be a way to adjust that, too.

I think there's always going to be an "area" that needs more code. That's why this add-on is not ideal.
Yeah, to be honest, I haven't made up up my mind if I'm going to actually use it. But if I do, I know I have to get rid of that, 'cause it would bug me to death.

Yeah, but avatars still looks screwy on forum view. Sigh. I found that if I set the width to 56px in the third block the avatar looks PERFECT, with the mini avatar exactly where you would expect it. But then of course you run into the other problem, with the thumbnails obscuring the subject line.

None

I can't really help further because I have a lot of the same issues. But I hope you get it looking the way you want or if you find another solution post back! 😁

Right, I had been about to say that there was no setting for the mini avatar, but then realized that was exactly what that avatar setting is for. Don't know what I was thinking it was for before! In any case, it is already off, so apparently it just isn't working as intended. Still seeing the mini, just in the wrong place. Besides, I know people would complain. I had them not showing once before, unknown to me - a style problem of some kind - and members quickly started asking about it. Apparently some people pay more attention to them than I do.

Actually, I take it back, it does work on the thumbnails, just not the avatars. So no, I couldn't just get rid of that, even if I wanted to. But if you do enable it on the thumbnails, chances are good it won't display where you expect there either.

Anyway, I give up, enough is enough 🤪

It's not nice to say but we are facing all these issues because the addon code it's a mess... In my opinion it would definitely need a huge clean up by devs!

Actually I never had so many issues with CSS whit any other addon, even with the free thumbnail addon you can customize whatever you want without affecting any other unwanted element.

I gave up with mine too, as I can't keep wasting so much time trying fixing such a badly written code 😞

Last edited:
Top Bottom