Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.10.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
I did notice they have a "Cancellation" option, and you can choose to cancel immediately or at the end of the current billing cycle, but I've no idea if that is actually for a refund. Seems set up for a subscription model.

Yeah, on second look, they do offer subscription services, so I'm guessing that that cancellation option is on everything they sell by default, but not meant to be used to get a refund on anything. ;)

There seems to be a bug in "Manage Thread Thumbnail" and "Change Own Thread's Thumbnail" permission that moves the delete icon to the right?

1635447447031.webp

Alex

Hello everyone,

We will check the issue with the icons and release a fix.

@El Porcharo I am afraid I missed the discussion about the issues you had with the product regarding avatar sizes, placement etc. First of all, I don't think any of the issues were raised via a ticket for us to pay attention to it. In XenForo if you miss one notification from a thread, you never get a notification again, so XenForo threads are not a proper support channel. Second, I believe most of the issues are from custom themes. The reason you get issues with custom themes and options not working is very simple - every option requires a successful template modification to inject HTML/CSS in a specific spot, and any customization of the layout may break this. Any custom CSS rule may affect elements it was not intended for, and I see you make some references to code quality, so I guess you have an idea how CSS work and that it's by nature applied globally on the page. So there is no code that can't be broken with a simple "unrelated" CSS rule. The add-on does not officially support custom themes, as we simply can't support code we don't know exists or how it is written, but we try to assist our customers with some custom themes suggesting CSS rules they could use, you can find several cases in the thread here.

Refund rules are very simple, at first contact us and ask for refund. I don't remember any case of me not providing refund for all these years, simply because that 30$ payment is not essential for us to survive :)

We will update the resource and publish here. Feel free to report any issues with the default theme and we will fix them asap.

Thank you!

I didn't have any discussion with anyone about this, I just faced the issue the other day, and this remembered me that I read someone reporting it in this thread.
This happened when I switched to default theme to edit a user post where I had to replace the attachment that had wrong orientation. But I see @alexm's post was from 1 month ago, so as I didn't see any updates in the meanwhile, I just replied to confirm the issue. I don't know if he did open a ticket or not... But anyway, the previous issues I faced was all reported here by others and then fixed, so...

Didn't get what you meant with that refund thing, though... But never mind

My previous post wanted to be a suggestion for you to avoid wasting time on it, and help other users fix the issue in the meantime. Your welcome.

And yes, I know you don't support custom themes like 99,9% of developers here, and yes again, Thread Thumbnail doesn't fully work with my theme: I have to switch to default theme everytime I need to change a thumbnail. But I never complained about. ;)

It's not nice to say but we are facing all these issues because the addon code it's a mess... In my opinion it would definitely need a huge clean up by devs!

Actually I never had so many issues with CSS whit any other addon, even with the free thumbnail addon you can customize whatever you want without affecting any other unwanted element.

I gave up with mine too, as I can't keep wasting so much time trying fixing such a badly written code 😞
I don't suppose they offer refunds...? :poop:
Can't remember, actually... 🤷‍♂️ maybe within 14 days from purchase, but I'm not sure

@El Porcharo Just several quotes from this thread where you seem to complain about all the issues you are facing because of messy and badly written code, your remarks regarding the CSS issues etc. and your discussion with @imno007 about the refund. I hope now it's clear why I have tagged you in the last post.

The last issue reported is indeed in the default theme, and a fix for it will be released soon.

Thank you!

Well... the add-on code it's quite confusing, you should admit that.
On a clean written HTML/PHP code with proper CSS classes, anyone that has a bit of knowledge should be able to bring custom modification. That's what extra.less and Custom CSS sections on every CMS platforms on Earth are meant for.
But this is not the case of Thread Thumbnails by AddonsLab. Just compare XenForo code with this add-on code to see the difference.

I realized it myself while trying to help @beerForo to customize his forum's thumbnail appearance. And no, it's not custom style's fault because he's using a theme which is not much more than a "change colors to default XF style" thing. All of it's style structure is quite the same as the default style, in fact I was trying my custom CSS on my default test XF installation, which was facing the exact same issues.

Usually a clean code is required when you work with a team, so any member of the team would be able to edit the code while knowing what is doing. Probably your code is not so clean because you work alone, therefore you are the only one that has to do with your own code, who knows...

But you should listen to your customers problems and suggestions, because this is not TripAdvisor, it's a discussion thread where people give you practical feedback about your product! Keep that in mind :)

On a clean written HTML/PHP code with proper CSS classes, anyone that has a bit of knowledge should be able to bring custom modification. That's what extra.less and Custom CSS sections on every CMS platforms on Earth are meant for.
I would not agree with it. You are clearly not someone with "a bit of knowledge" (at least you seem to claim so), and yet you suggest that a problem can be fixed with putting this CSS code in extra.less:

CSS:
.iconic { width: 35%!IMPORTANT;}

The code suggests using a very generic class, that is used everywhere where there is an icon, so it's likely a lot of icons will be broken with such a rule. Applying fixed width to it and with "!important" making it hard for other rules to override your rules. With this code you can easily break a lot of stuff on the best and cleanest HTML/CSS or on every CMS platforms on Earth as you put it.

But you should listen to your customers problems and suggestions, because this is not TripAdvisor, it's a discussion thread where people give you practical feedback about your product! Keep that in mind :)
I have heard my customers, their problems and suggestions since the first day XenForo community exists (as AddonsLab account or part of other companies), and many years before that for vBulletin and other platforms, so your suggestion to keep it in my mind is quite ignorant, and I would like you to avoid such sentences in the future. "Pretty bad code" and similar sentences are neither problem nor suggestion. And as you mentioned yourself, practical feedback is indeed part of normal discussion, and your feedback is far from being practical. Simply, if you get an issue feel free to report, especially via Support ticket as it's easy to miss replies in discussion thread, and if you don't do so, you should refrain from simplistic and unfunded negative feedback about someone's work.

Thank you again :)

@alexm The issue is fixed now, it was a duplicate template modification. Please download the pacakge AL-ThreadThumbnail-2.7.7-PL1.zip from your account.

Thank you!

Is it possible to remove the has-thumbnail class for those structItem DIVs that doesn't actually have thumbnail, as the Default Thumbnail is not set?

I thought I would never need this, but today I had a style update that broke the position of the structItem-cell--main DIV with thread title and details.
has-thumbnail shouldn't stay there when actually the thumbnail is not set, while the author avatar is shown instead. This would allow to add custom CSS that will only affect threads with a thumbnail.

Thank you

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Thread item CSS class names according to thumbnail type.

Currently, any thread which is in a forum where thumbnails are enabled, has CSS class has-thumbnail. However this does not actually reflect if a particular thread has a thumbnail or not. With this release, we jave added additional css classes has-thumbnail--real (thread has a thumbnail based on attachment/media/image found in it), has-thumbnail--default (thread has the default thumbnail defined in the admin panel) or...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is it possible to remove the has-thumbnail class for those structItem DIVs that doesn't actually have thumbnail, as the Default Thumbnail is not set?

I thought I would never need this, but today I had a style update that broke the position of the structItem-cell--main DIV with thread title and details.
has-thumbnail shouldn't stay there when actually the thumbnail is not set, while the author avatar is shown instead. This would allow to add custom CSS that will only affect threads with a thumbnail.

Thank you

has-thumbnail represents if thumbnails are enabled on forum of the thread, based on request from a customer at the time. We have added additional CSS classes to represent if a particular thread has a thumbnail or no. The changes are released here.

Thank you!

Is this meant to be without a blank space or is it a mistyping?
Just figured out that is a mistyping.

It broke some of my style options and messed up the sticky threads... I've spent the last 3 hours looking for what happened when I finally realized that it is due to this....

Thank you!

Just figured out that is a mistyping.

It broke some of my style options and messed up the sticky threads... I've spent the last 3 hours looking for what happened when I finally realized that it is due to this....

Thank you!
Sorry for the trouble, that is indeed a typo with missing a space in the template modification. Releasing the fix asap.

Thank you!

Top Bottom