• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Add-on Thread starter

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to create a thread starter API based on this website: http://igdb.com/

I am aware of the TGDB Thread Starter add on, but the igdb is better indexed and set up. I am willing to pay for this mod to be made so feel free to contact me so we can discuss this further.

iXanon

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but my request is pretty much identical for XF2.

The TGDB Thread Starter doesn't suit what I would ultimately like to achieve, and would prefer to use IGDB as the data source if possible. Details of the API can be found here. I have very briefly discussed this with @Snog who indicated that "there won't be an option for which source to use" (relating to his TGDB add-on).

I am very happy with the TV, Movie, and Music Starter add-ons and would desire this to work in much the same way if possible. I realise that unless the code is written from scratch and does not contain any code from Snog's other Thread Starter add-ons, this is going to be a custom "own use" job and is not something that I am going to be able to share (unless something can be worked out with Snog).

Just wondered if there was any interest in getting this done, and/or how much it is likely to cost for development? I do only have a limited budget.

I would love to have a go myself, but my PHP knowledge is really quite basic and simply don't have the confidence and/or time at present.

Last edited:
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but my request is pretty much identical for XF2.

The TGDB Thread Starter doesn't suit what I would ultimately like to achieve, and would prefer to use IGDB as the data source if possible. Details of the API can be found here. I have very briefly discussed this with @Snog who indicated that "there won't be an option for which source to use" (relating to his TGDB add-on).

I am very happy with the TV, Movie, and Music Starter add-ons and would desire this to work in much the same way if possible. I realise that unless the code is written from scratch and does not contain any code from Snog's other Thread Starter add-ons, this is going to be a custom "own use" job and is not something that I am going to be able to share (unless something can be worked out with Snog).

Just wondered if there was any interest in getting this done, and/or how much it is likely to cost for development? I do only have a limited budget.

I would love to have a go myself, but my PHP knowledge is really quite basic and simply don't have the confidence and/or time at present.
I had a version made for XF 1, though I'm not sure how much work it would take to make it work for XF 2.