Add-on Thread starter

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to create a thread starter API based on this website: http://igdb.com/

I am aware of the TGDB Thread Starter add on, but the igdb is better indexed and set up. I am willing to pay for this mod to be made so feel free to contact me so we can discuss this further.

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but my request is pretty much identical for XF2.

The TGDB Thread Starter doesn't suit what I would ultimately like to achieve, and would prefer to use IGDB as the data source if possible. Details of the API can be found here. I have very briefly discussed this with @Snog who indicated that "there won't be an option for which source to use" (relating to his TGDB add-on).

I am very happy with the TV, Movie, and Music Starter add-ons and would desire this to work in much the same way if possible. I realise that unless the code is written from scratch and does not contain any code from Snog's other Thread Starter add-ons, this is going to be a custom "own use" job and is not something that I am going to be able to share (unless something can be worked out with Snog).

Just wondered if there was any interest in getting this done, and/or how much it is likely to cost for development? I do only have a limited budget.

I would love to have a go myself, but my PHP knowledge is really quite basic and simply don't have the confidence and/or time at present.

Last edited:
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but my request is pretty much identical for XF2.

The TGDB Thread Starter doesn't suit what I would ultimately like to achieve, and would prefer to use IGDB as the data source if possible. Details of the API can be found here. I have very briefly discussed this with @Snog who indicated that "there won't be an option for which source to use" (relating to his TGDB add-on).

I am very happy with the TV, Movie, and Music Starter add-ons and would desire this to work in much the same way if possible. I realise that unless the code is written from scratch and does not contain any code from Snog's other Thread Starter add-ons, this is going to be a custom "own use" job and is not something that I am going to be able to share (unless something can be worked out with Snog).

Just wondered if there was any interest in getting this done, and/or how much it is likely to cost for development? I do only have a limited budget.

I would love to have a go myself, but my PHP knowledge is really quite basic and simply don't have the confidence and/or time at present.

I had a version made for XF 1, though I'm not sure how much work it would take to make it work for XF 2.

Since I'm no longer doing add-ons, this is just an FYI...

IGDB isn't as "free" as people might think. You would need at least the Pro plan for everything to function identically to the current game thread starter....
IGDB costs:
That is due to the limits to the free plan. At least that's what I discovered while running tests quite a while ago.

Last edited:
Since I'm no longer doing add-ons, this is just an FYI...

IGDB isn't as "free" as people might think. You would need at least the Pro plan for everything to function identically to the current game thread starter....
IGDB costs:
That is due to the limits to the free plan. At least that's what I discovered while running tests quite a while ago.

That's true... currently. But IGDB announced that it will merge the pro featured to the free tier within this year after a new partnership with Twitch. So no more costs for IGDB in the future!

First things first: the API is here to stay, and we are merging our premium and free tiers into a single new free tier.

Which means a thread starter based on this would be really, really useful for a lot of gaming sites soon ;)

Looks promising, but one would have to possibly wait and see what changes are made to the API to bring the new and improved tools. Would be counterintuitive to do it now, when changes can break everything.

Looks promising, but one would have to possibly wait and see what changes are made to the API to bring the new and improved tools. Would be counterintuitive to do it now, when changes can break everything.

IGDB now migrated to the new free tier and API:

So I did have someone trying to upgrade the version I had done for Xenforo 1, but the project fell through due to personal reasons. So I am looking for someone to make a version that will work for xenforo 2. If interested please let me know!

Top Bottom