Thread Reply Banner

Thread Reply Banner 2.6.1

No permission to download
@Xon
Is it intentional that you can't edit the banner by clicking the Edit link at the bottom of the post? Just wondering.

It is more that the thread reply banner is only made editable when editing the thread, and I just didn't extend editing the first post to edit the thread reply banner.

@Xon, we've used this add-on's XF1 version. Before we upgrade to XF2, should we first uninstall Thread Reply Banner XF1 version? What is the correct way of moving from xF1 to xF2 in terms of upgrading this? Thanks in advance!

For all my add-ons; the recommended practice is to update the XF1 add-on as much as possible, upgrade to XF2, then update to the XF2 version of the add-on.

@Xon, this was exactly what I was searching for for weeks - fabulous!

But may I make a suggestion? The situations where these banners come into play are - at least in my case - specific forums aka nodes. Wouldn´t it make more sense (in terms of an enhancement) , to have this banner defined in the admincp where those could be set as default per node? That way we could even set up different ones per node, which I assume would come in very handy for each forum owner who uses your add-on.

The idea behind this this add-on was for ad-hoc per-thread configuration, but a forum-wide wide default has been asked about before. If you are willing to fund it I can definitely expedite working on that feature, otherwise it'll be on the backburner for a while.

The idea behind this this add-on was for ad-hoc per-thread configuration, but a forum-wide wide default has been asked about before. If you are willing to fund it I can definitely expedite working on that feature, otherwise it'll be on the backburner for a while.
I would, if I wouldn´t have put most of my budget into 5 ordered add-ons in the process and the 6th upcoming add-on will eat the rest. I just can´t afford a 7th ;)

@Xon I know you're busy, but I'll make a couple suggestions in case you ever get around to it :)

1) It'd be nice to have an option (within edit thread like the others) to display the banner below p-body-header, in the current location above the quick reply, or both.

2) We use this for different purposes, sometimes informational and sometimes for warning users that a thread is about to be closed. It'd be nice to be able to select pre-defined styles for moderators to select from (even just a box to assign a class would work).

Top Bottom