Display the thread reply and view count at the top of the thread itself

Stuart Wright

If we want to see how many replies and views there have been of a thread, we have to go out to the forum_view and find the thread in the list.
Could we instead display the number of replies and views like this, maybe? And deal with responsive issues when there are lots of tags?
1.webp

(Yeah, ok, we could get the number of replies by (((number of pages - 1 ) * the number of threads per page) + number of posts on the last page) but this would be way easier).

Upvote 3
The xf_thread table already has "reply_count" and "view_count". This could easily be done with a basic template modification.

I have this through an add-on. But is definitely something that can be made part of core package!
Which addon?
The issue for me is how it’s displayed. Needs to not take up any extra vertical space than necessary and also respond well on mobile when there are lots of tags (which are displayed in the same area as I propose).

it does appear in the same line as tags so yeah kind of adds to the clutter at the top. if tag placement is the problem part, you can use this addon that was released this week.

though this kind of nullifies the use of the first addon as the thread view and reply count also moves along with tags lol. so i had to disable it at my end.

If we want to see how many replies and views there have been of a thread, we have to go out to the forum_view and find the thread in the list.
Could we instead display the number of replies and views like this, maybe? And deal with responsive issues when there are lots of tags?
View attachment 299433

(Yeah, ok, we could get the number of replies by (((number of pages - 1 ) * the number of threads per page) + number of posts on the last page) but this would be way easier).

Released, https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ozzmodz-thread-replies-views-on-thread-view.9405/

Top Bottom