Won't fix The quick thread box at the top of the thread list when in a node no longer expands smoothly when you focus on the title field

RobinHood

Affected version
I've tested this on XF.com and 2 other up to date installs and it seems to be jumpy in Chrome and FF.

On an older 2.1.6 Patch 1 install I don't experience this and it's totally smooth.

My initial testing was on Windows. Just texted on a mac and I get the same results. Still seems jumpy at the end on the newer XF versions compared to the old install I'm comparing it against.

Well, it starts smoothly, then it jumps at the end maybe just a little bit. When this part comes:

View attachment 243667

Exactly, but it happens regardless of if there's any additional fields.

It's totally smooth on the older install though, which leads me to think it's a regression.

I only really noticed it because I'm building a new site and it only has one node organised by prefixes for a feed type view, and it jumps every time you go to start a new thread, which isn't ideal.

Last edited:
As best we can figure, this seems related to changes in Froala 3 which was new in XF 2.2. There were changes to editor initialization in this version which make it difficult for us to change. Theoretically there may be workarounds but they have trade offs which may end up being worse.

So no changes for this are planned at this time.

Top Bottom