Resource icon

Thread Ratings 1.2.1.7

No permission to download
Hey,

would it be possible to add a like/dislike instead of the 5 star rating and sort the threads by votes ?

Two questions...

1. Can I have a rating that is 1 to 10 stars? (instead of 5)
2. Can the ratings be turned on in some forums and off in others?

@JulianD Hey, have you thought about fixing the rich snippit, that it works with google ? There seems to be a problem with the <form> element, google says that we should use ul or span for the itemtype. And what is the idea behind itemscope="itemscope" ?

Hi great work :)
Is it possible for guest to rate? I activate this, but than it comes a popup to register or login

@JulianD Hey, have you thought about fixing the rich snippit, that it works with google ? There seems to be a problem with the <form> element, google says that we should use ul or span for the itemtype. And what is the idea behind itemscope="itemscope" ?

The rich snippet support is not supported right now. There could be some rich snippet code present on the addon because I'm reusing the star rating code that XenForo uses for the Resource Manager.

Hi great work :)
Is it possible for guest to rate? I activate this, but than it comes a popup to register or login

Not at the moment, I'm afraid.

Besides being able to rate a thread, is there a place to view members thread rating etc?

A place where you can view which threads did a member rate?

The rich snippet support is not supported right now. There could be some rich snippet code present on the addon because I'm reusing the star rating code that XenForo uses for the Resource Manager.

Not at the moment, I'm afraid.

A place where you can view which threads did a member rate?
In other words, what else does this add on do besides put a star rating next to a thread, whats its usefulness? is there another page of each members thread rating etc?

In other words, what else does this add on do besides put a star rating next to a thread, whats its usefulness? is there another page of each members thread rating etc?

You can see which threads are the best rated ones, you can see who rated a thread and you can even sort threads by its rating. Could you elaborate which other feature would you like to see in this addon?

You can see which threads are the best rated ones, you can see who rated a thread and you can even sort threads by its rating. Could you elaborate which other feature would you like to see in this addon?
Where are these options - I cant seem to find them.

Where are these options - I cant seem to find them.

There is not a dedicated page that shows the best rated threads other than the normal thread list view. To see who rated a thread you should click on the link that shows the number of ratings. There's an option to enable this feature though since forum administrators could probably desire to avoid this behavior for privacy reasons. The sorting option is on the Thread Display Option tab, at the end of the thread listing.

This addon looks great. Please keep developing it. (we're currently evaluating it)
Allowing guests to vote seems to be inviting people to spam the poll. Theoretically they could make a million accounts, but then built in and addon duplicate account tools could be used against them. This doesn't seem like a priority.

Nice addon, but not very useful for me until there are permissions per forum. Not just usergroup.

Forum ratings doesn't make any sense for most of the threads on my forum.

Very nice work done with this.

Would it be possible to only have this active in a particular forum?

Hi can you please include this or create a separate addon so that we can rate review threads as service or products?

For instance, if it had node permissions then we could review just threads in a review subforum.

Or maybe just add on/off option for microdata in certain forum.

Is it possible to sort the threads in a forum on the thread ratings? If not, I would like to add that as a feature request.

@JulianD great addon, but any way you could make it work on specific forums? I only want it on a few certain forums, not all of them. But as of now, I guess you can only set it for user permissions and not in the forum permissions. Would appreciate it!

Two questions...

1. Can I have a rating that is 1 to 10 stars? (instead of 5)
2. Can the ratings be turned on in some forums and off in others?

Nice addon, but not very useful for me until there are permissions per forum. Not just usergroup.

Forum ratings doesn't make any sense for most of the threads on my forum.

@JulianD!, urgently needed!!! Urgently! Please, add function choose on/off rating in specific forum! So many members ask you for this. And I'm too. :)

Sorting rated threads by the rating and possibility choose 10 star rating instead 5 star.
That also will be useful, isn't it?

Last edited:
Stars not showing up 1.3.1

The only option I see in the ACP is to Hide greyed out stars. :S
It's because you have to enable it from the user group permissions.

Some remarks:

1. I wish we could be allowed to "vote" from the page where all the threads are listed. I can see the stars but we aren't able to press them. The reason for this is because often i stay on the list of threads page and i right click open thread in new window. Then i close it. So voting from there would be useful also.

2. I wish we could disable the "230 votes" / and/or move it beside it because having it under. Breaks the template

3. I wish we didn't have to hover over the stars to find out the average vote. I would be quicker to see if it was written beside it.

4. Add it to the bottom also. So this way we don't have to scroll way back up just to rate

Thank you for this add-on. It works great. Using 1.4.1

Last edited:
Top Bottom