Resource icon

Thread Ratings 1.2.1.7

No permission to download
Is it possible to sort the threads in a forum on the thread ratings? If not, I would like to add that as a feature request.
This would be helpful. We tend to delete most 1 star threads. Sorting threads with 1 star threads first / last is needed for that.

I can't see the ratings any where :cool:
Once you install the addon, just go to any thread where you have posting permissions and you will see the stars. Just remember, if it is a thread you created yourself, you won't be able to rate it.

I tried to find the stars on some one else thread, simply cannot find it.
Using 1.2 and this style:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/core-pixelexit-com.160

It definitively has to do with your style, since I'm using template modifications to insert the stars. Perhaps the template I'm working with is heavily modified in your style and the Template Modification is not getting a match.

Can you please point me to the right style? The link you gave me took me to a widget addon.

can you show the "Stars" next to the thread-title when viewing a thread ?
stars_in_threads-gif.45727

+2.
Good idea.

This doesn't work with Thread Navigation by Waindigo. Would have to manually edit the templates to get it show up. @Waindigo
The template modification in this add-on is selfish in that it searches for some template code and then changes that template code so that the same template modification wouldn't work for any other add-on. @JulianD should be able to change his template modification to be unselfish by just removing the <div class="linkGroup SelectionCountContainer"> bit from the pattern and replacement.

Rating don't sshow with the recent threads block of XenPorta and lms recent threads BD Widget.

Installed this on 1.2.1 today, click on a thread, server error.

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method AnonymousPosting_ControllerPublic_Thread::_getRatingPermission() -library/ThreadRating/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:111

JulianD updated Thread Ratings with a new update entry:

Usergroup permissions, thread sorting option and other bug fixesFull

This is a generous upgrade to the addon. You can now manage who can rate your threads using the usergroup permissions system.

View attachment 57863
The option to control the display of who rated a thread has been moved to the permissions system as well. This is to give you more control over who can see the actual ratings.

Remember to set up usergroup permissions after upgrading the addon. By default it is set to No, and thus, no body will be able to see rating stars or rate threads....

Read the rest of this update entry...

@JulianD great addon, but any way you could make it work on specific forums? I only want it on a few certain forums, not all of them. But as of now, I guess you can only set it for user permissions and not in the forum permissions. Would appreciate it!

Last edited:
@JulianD great addon, but any way you could make it work on specific forums? I only want it on a few certain forums, not all of them. But as of now, I guess you can only set it for user permissions and not in the forum permissions. Would appreciate it!

That's a nice addition to the usegroup permissions. Thanks for your feedback!

Top Bottom