This level of stupidness leaves me speechless

borbole

I received a pm by an user at my forum asking me to make a paid mod of mine that he had, compatible with a few other mods that he had installed. I ask him that sure, I can do that for a fee and then I ask him to provide me with the email address he used to pay for the mod. When his reply came, it left me speechless. He told me that he had not bought the mod but he had downloaded it from a warez site but that should not matter because since it was my mod it was my responsibility to make it work with the other mods that he had because it threw some errors.

I mean really? Can someone be so ****ing stupid as this guy? I have seen some stupid requests in my time but this one takes the cake without doubt.

Seen this a lot actually. Worse, though, when it's not hidden by PM but out in the open when they go to a premium skin site, ask for support quite clearly not being a premium member. On the site I have in mind, it must happen at least once a week.

Find out who shared your add-on on warez website, block his account and release update. That's what I do when one of my products appears on one of those websites.

Then whenever someone asks question about outdated version I just tell them to update. Which they can't do without purchasing product.

Seen this a lot actually. Worse, though, when it's not hidden by PM but out in the open when they go to a premium skin site, ask for support quite clearly not being a premium member. On the site I have in mind, it must happen at least once a week.

Unbelievable the way some people logic/reason.

Find out who shared your add-on on warez website, block his account and release update. That's what I do when one of my products appears on one of those websites.

Then whenever someone asks question about outdated version I just tell them to update. Which they can't do without purchasing product.

Since I disabled the purchase of my mods at my forum and selling only to those that are valid license holder here I have to say that the piracy of my mods has been cut down considerably.

You should have told him you would do the mod for free but instead make the mod completely obliterate his site. :p

Naw... have it display everywhere something like
26377446.webp

<and I apologize in advance if I offend anyone for the language reflected in the photo>

It astonishes me that people actually believe they have some right to use a pirated product with support. It seems this is becoming more and more commonplace with the current web generation. Stupidity it seems is not off limits nowadays.

I received a pm by an user at my forum asking me to make a paid mod of mine that he had, compatible with a few other mods that he had installed. I ask him that sure, I can do that for a fee and then I ask him to provide me with the email address he used to pay for the mod. When his reply came, it left me speechless. He told me that he had not bought the mod but he had downloaded it from a warez site but that should not matter because since it was my mod it was my responsibility to make it work with the other mods that he had because it threw some errors.

I mean really? Can someone be so ****ing stupid as this guy? I have seen some stupid requests in my time but this one takes the cake without doubt.

I have had people admitting that they pirated my mod.
My answer is usually a calm, "could you please get a valid license, and give me your paypal transaction id first, I depend on the sales of this add-on"

The first time I was surprised, because that actually works. People have gone and bought the mod. Was I angry that they pirated them? Maybe, but I'd rather have one more paying customer. And If he agrees to pay for the mod, plus the custom development, I am the one winning there.

If I just shove him off, I might loose one sale, and he is going to continue using the pirated add-on anyway.

You should have told him you would do the mod for free but instead make the mod completely obliterate his site. :p
Even though it would be fun to watch him while his site is going down in flames, it could bring troubles. I know a case where a developer got into legal troubles for taking revenge on some fraudulent subject, causing a considerable loss of money.

Top Bottom