1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This level of stupidness leaves me speechless

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by borbole, Jun 4, 2013.

1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

I received a pm by an user at my forum asking me to make a paid mod of mine that he had, compatible with a few other mods that he had installed. I ask him that sure, I can do that for a fee and then I ask him to provide me with the email address he used to pay for the mod. When his reply came, it left me speechless. He told me that he had not bought the mod but he had downloaded it from a warez site but that should not matter because since it was my mod it was my responsibility to make it work with the other mods that he had because it threw some errors.

I mean really? Can someone be so ****ing stupid as this guy? I have seen some stupid requests in my time but this one takes the cake without doubt.

2. Arantor

Arantor Active Member

Seen this a lot actually. Worse, though, when it's not hidden by PM but out in the open when they go to a premium skin site, ask for support quite clearly not being a premium member. On the site I have in mind, it must happen at least once a week.

Miner and borbole like this.
  3. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

Find out who shared your add-on on warez website, block his account and release update. That's what I do when one of my products appears on one of those websites.

Then whenever someone asks question about outdated version I just tell them to update. Which they can't do without purchasing product.

4. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Unbelievable the way some people logic/reason.

Since I disabled the purchase of my mods at my forum and selling only to those that are valid license holder here I have to say that the piracy of my mods has been cut down considerably.

5. BlackJacket

BlackJacket Well-Known Member

You should have told him you would do the mod for free but instead make the mod completely obliterate his site. :p

Brad L, borbole, Adam Howard and 8 others like this.
  6. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Then say sweetly oh none of the people who bought it had any problem - it must be the warez version causing the issue,

7. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

Revenge!

borbole and Adam Howard like this.
  8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Naw... have it display everywhere something like
    26377446.jpg
    <and I apologize in advance if I offend anyone for the language reflected in the photo>

Adam Howard, Mrs.T and speedway like this.
  9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Stupidity*

borbole and Adam Howard like this.
  10. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

This.

The only way to cure stupid is with education. And this would sure teach someone not to pirate content.

borbole likes this.
  11. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Speaking of education and who I view as one of the great educators is NASA. Bit of a random post by me but I see them as an organization to educate on a level unrivalled by many organizations/companies.

Saeed, borbole and Adam Howard like this.
  12. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

People who steal don't want to be educated. They have an overblown sense of self entitlement which they feel allows them to steal.

Brad L, John, borbole and 2 others like this.
  13. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

14. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

3rd party facepalm. :LOL: I mean how may types of facepalm can there be? (I might regret asking that).

Digital Doctor, Adam Howard and Lisa like this.
  15. Henry.

Henry. New Member

Wow, that level of stupidity is absolutely amazing. I thought I'd seen it all!

borbole likes this.
  16. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I'll give him minor kudos for honesty.
    and follow that up with a Third Party Face Palm he'll never forget !!!

[​IMG]

ManagerJosh, Shelley and borbole like this.
  17. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

It astonishes me that people actually believe they have some right to use a pirated product with support. It seems this is becoming more and more commonplace with the current web generation. Stupidity it seems is not off limits nowadays.

borbole likes this.
  18. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

I have had people admitting that they pirated my mod.
    My answer is usually a calm, "could you please get a valid license, and give me your paypal transaction id first, I depend on the sales of this add-on"

The first time I was surprised, because that actually works. People have gone and bought the mod. Was I angry that they pirated them? Maybe, but I'd rather have one more paying customer. And If he agrees to pay for the mod, plus the custom development, I am the one winning there.

If I just shove him off, I might loose one sale, and he is going to continue using the pirated add-on anyway.

20. SilverCircle

SilverCircle Well-Known Member

Even though it would be fun to watch him while his site is going down in flames, it could bring troubles. I know a case where a developer got into legal troubles for taking revenge on some fraudulent subject, causing a considerable loss of money.