XF 1.4 "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension"

What is the extension of the file and is it an allowed extension in Options -> Attachments: Allowed Attachment File Extensions ?

It may be worth trying to upload it to this forum to see if it works here; that will also tell you what the extension is.

Also what version of iOS is the iPad running? I vaguely remember some weirdness in the past with iOS and file extensions but I don't recall seeing it recently.

I am having similar issue - unable to upload .scad files but it is most definitely on the allowed list of extensions. I even tried removing and replacing it on the allowed extension list but it still will not upload. Same as here on the forum.

I am having similar issue - unable to upload .scad files but it is most definitely on the allowed list of extensions. I even tried removing and replacing it on the allowed extension list but it still will not upload. Same as here on the forum.
Make sure you don't have the . in the allowed extension list (as in .scad should just be scad). I can upload scad files without a problem on my development server.

scad.webp

Appreciate the assist although no closer to a solution. I modified the options to only allow SCAD and still got the error when I attempted to upload the file.

SCAD Upload Error.webp
Attachment Extensions Allowed_SCAD ONLY.webp

I'm struggling to come up with a logical explanation for this right now.

Just to confirm: Is this error happening when attempting to upload the file to a post on the forum? Or is it happening in an add-on e.g. Resource Manager? If the latter, then the RM has its own allowed extensions list. Also any other add-ons may have their own list of allowed extensions also.

If it's in a forum post it may be wise to disable all add-ons and try again, just in case there's an add-on that has started to cause a problem here.

You bring up a good point Chris D. The issue specifically lies within attachment to Xenzine articles. There are no settings (that I can find) specific to Xenzine file attachment types. Looking around, it seems this add-on is no longer supported by the author.:(

If the scad file uploads to a normal forum post then yes that would likely explain it.

You could post in the resource thread support. Other users of the add on may have solved the same issue.

Top Bottom