The obligatory "Go XenForo!" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if IB said they'll drop the suit if Kier and Mike helped them fix the abomination that is vB5. KAM's considering it, discussing it, thinking about it, offering advice here and there, jk but that's what I would've asked for out of the settlement if I were IB on some 'come on guys come fix our mess so we can put this behind us then you can go do your own thing. Pleeaaasssee???'
That would require them to actually realise it is a mess. They clearly don't :)

VB5 is not that bad, it's just bloated... I'm not sure who it's for actually. People with very active communities will have to rewrite most of their VB3/4 stuff, and invest in twice more servers, to basically have the same as before but a bit uglier...
People who starts new communities... are never gonna invest $250 upfront, and install phpbb instead.

Imagine if IB said they'll drop the suit if Kier and Mike helped them fix the abomination that is vB5. KAM's considering it, discussing it, thinking about it, offering advice here and there, jk but that's what I would've asked for out of the settlement if I were IB on some 'come on guys come fix our mess so we can put this behind us then you can go do your own thing. Pleeaaasssee???'

I would imagine there's waaaaay too much bad blood for something like that to happen

Rufus Arthur Johnson is bizarre

220px-Bizarre.jpg

Rufus Arthur Johnson (born July 5, 1976),[1] better known by his stage name Bizarre, is an American rapper, best known for his work with Detroit, Michigan-based hip hop groupD12. His songs frequently contain subject matter that often creates shock value, such as rape and drugs.

So what I glean from this thread is that we really don't know, really won't know and really can't know until someone says something.

Kinda like how most things work. :whistle:

There are known knows and there are things we know we know. That is to say, we know there are some things we do not know and know, but the only thing we know for sure is that we don't know until we all know the unknown of this know case...

IB will make a demand like XF shuts down, or is sold to them. XF will refuse and ask for all legal fees to be paid then walk away. Neither will come to a sensible arrangement, and we'll end up having it decided by the judge in March.
Yes I think this is the situation unless maybe (and I'm just hoping here) that the judge has instructed the magistrate to force a settlement on IB in which they accept defeat. I.e. your case is so weak you will lose so capitulate now or I'll make it harder for you!
Is what I hope for right now.
We're moving to XF nevertheless.

Yes I think this is the situation unless maybe (and I'm just hoping here) that the judge has instructed the magistrate to force a settlement on IB in which they accept defeat. I.e. your case is so weak you will lose so capitulate now or I'll make it harder for you!

OT: Thats good news to hear - i was a long time admirer from when I used to co-own and run thedvdforums.com :)
Hope the move goes well :)

I hope what you say is right :)

There are known knows and there are things we know we know. That is to say, we know there are some things we do not know and know, but the only thing we know for sure is that we don't know until we all know the unknown of this know case...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It would be pretty good if the judge asked the magistrate to force a settlement (how common is that, if anyone knows?). IB have to know that their little delaying tactic is about to hit an abrupt end, now is probably the ideal time for them to back down and try to walk away with as minimal damage as possible (e.g paying XF's legal fees). On the other hand, IB may be intentionally stalling still so they can get vB5 out the door. Unlikely but possible I guess!

(and sidenote: Glad to hear AVForums is finally making the switch :) )

Surprised the judge or magistrate hasn't done so thus far. It's way past the magistrate discussion, way past the settlement conference.

Now, it's summary, &!^# (not directed at you, Mr. Wright, FYI).

OT: Thats good news to hear - i was a long time admirer from when I used to co-own and run thedvdforums.com :)
Hope the move goes well :)

I hope what you say is right :)
Thanks, Paul. Did you sell your shares?
Oh??? What is the ETA for avforums.com moving to XF?
Q3 I hope. Lot of work to replicate what we have now and I'm looking for a red hot coder to do it.
Glad to hear AVForums is finally making the switch :)
Shawn at Digitalpoint convinced me some time ago that even if development stops, XF is still the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom