The obligatory "Go XenForo!" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This speculation is bizarre. :confused:
Whoever signed off on vBulletin 5 being ready to install on a production site is bizarre.

Stripped down vB5 vs. my bloated site with social buttons, ads, etc.

Image%202013.02.21%204:01:20%20PM.png

I think Bob Brisco needs to be the one to be fired. I am sure he is ultimately the one behind then updating the company forums to that piece of garbage they call vB5.

Bob Brisco won't be replaced. vBulletin is just a minor part of their income. They make their most money buying up forums and doing nothing productive with them. They use their massive capital and buy up all the top traffic forums, slap ads on them and then sit around and screw up one of the best forum software platforms out there while neglecting to actually run the latest version of that software on their purchased forums.

There are known knows and there are things we know we know. That is to say, we know there are some things we do not know and know, but the only thing we know for sure is that we don't know until we all know the unknown of this know case...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I know. I know.

They have gone effing insane. That's the only thing I can use to explain it.

On a different note:

"The upside is that Lawrence Cole has the opportunity to land himself in the marketing hall of fame over the next year."

Well played, Digitalpoint, well played.

I'm actually kind of lost for words...

I thought to myself... now come on... that's hardly a fair test. First of all, I use XenForo.com all the time so it will be cached nicely. I haven't used vBulletin.com on this PC before so it won't be cached. That's not a fair test. Also, I wasn't logged in at vBulletin.com - maybe more or less happens for a logged in user over a guest.

So my solution was thus. Register at vBulletin.com, load the page a few times. Then use the same site to do an average result over 5 tests:

ELsTJyH.png

Ouch...

As I was watching the test every time I literally saw a momentary flicker while XenForo was refreshed. With vBulletin it was a heck of a lot of waiting and then a long period of time on a white screen as the site rendered.

Bob Brisco won't be replaced. vBulletin is just a minor part of their income. They make their most money buying up forums and doing nothing productive with them. They use their massive capital and buy up all the top traffic forums, slap ads on them and then sit around and screw up one of the best forum software platforms out there while neglecting to actually run the latest version of that software on their purchased forums.

Not much different than the other big forum conglomerate out there. Do minimal, charge vendors a crap ton of money and throw a zillion ads on each site. If it works for them, god bless but we'll never sell our site to them and its not for lack of any of them not trying to get it. We get offers all the time.

They paid $15 grand for our main competitor and I bet that site doesnt get 50 users a day. They even tried giving away advertising for a while to lure people over. Still didnt work. At the end of the day, I just sit back and laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom