• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

The Happy Place - Clickable Smilies Under Editor Control

I've tested this on an android mobile and also on opera again. Un-installed the mod, then re-installed, checked templates and I'm still getting redirected back to yourdomain.com/# Using RC3 happyplace v3.

In the meantime I'll take a more thorough look in the templates just in case but none are needing reverted.

I've tested this on an android mobile and also on opera again. Un-installed the mod, then re-installed, checked templates and I'm still getting redirected back to yourdomain.com/# Using RC3 happyplace v3.

In the meantime I'll take a more thorough look in the templates just in case but none are needing redirected.
Yes thanks Shelley. :)
Confirmed here and on a couple of other sites running the mod.

I just installed this add-on and it seems great!

One general smiley question. I went through the not-so-fun manual process of uploading about 100 smileys. For each one I had to assign a key combination. Can any of our smiley pros offer some guidance on how to select the keyboard combos when you have 100 smileys? I mean I know about 10 basics for smile, wink, oO and then I run out of steam fast. (Even better would be a basic 100 smiles for your site pack, but I don't want to push it!)
wink.png

I just installed this add-on and it seems great!

One general smiley question. I went through the not-so-fun manual process of uploading about 100 smileys. For each one I had to assign a key combination. Can any of our smiley pros offer some guidance on how to select the keyboard combos when you have 100 smileys? I mean I know about 10 basics for smile, wink, oO and then I run out of steam fast. (Even better would be a basic 100 smiles for your site pack, but I don't want to push it!) ;)
I always use : when assigning a keyboard code for each smiley.
For example - :happy:
:dance:
:hide:
:music:

I always look at the smiley in question, and what's the first description that comes to mind if you want to find that smiley? That's the word I use for it.
Such as -
giggle.gif
What's it doing? Giggle.
Rule of thumb is K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid.

I always use : when assigning a keyboard code for each smiley.
For example - :happy:
:dance:
:hide:
:music:

I always look at the smiley in question, and what's the first description that comes to mind if you want to find that smiley? That's the word I use for it.
Rule of thumb is K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid.

Same here.

When I went to the "category" system hack with vb, it was easier for me to label them :h1:, :h2: and on for the Happy category, etc.......
I have so many that I became frustrated trying to name them all.

When my site is 100% complete, I'll take a look at working with our mySQL database. I am certain I can write a script to populate the "text" field based on the "title" field. So if a smiley is titled "happy_days" the title will be called ":happy_days:" or something similar.

Is there a reason that:
Code:
<xen:include template="editor_happyplace.css" />

Is used in the editor.ui.css template rather than:
Code:
<xen:require css="editor_happyplace.css" />

Just curious.

EDIT Never mind, it looks like I was seeing an old version.

I'm having a strange issue with my inline mod tool and it seems to be related to this add-on. In Opera and Internet Explorer, when I select "Merge Posts" in the inline mod menu, the working icon starts flashing in the upper right corner, but nothing happens. Using the exact same posts, it works fine in Firefox, Chrome and Safari. This is with Opera 11.01 and Internet Explorer 8 using XenForo 1.0.0. Also, this only happens with the "Merge Posts" option. Selecting any other option works as expected. Could someone else who has this add-on installed checked to see if they have the same issue? Thanks!

Could the issue be then that some of my add-ons are conflicting then? Because some of my moderators reported the issue to me, but they had no issues after I turned off the happy place.

TBH, I'm not saying it's not this mod, just that I don't have this issue.

My suggestion would be to uninstall this mod completely, and reinstall it. I've done this with another mod I have installed and, for whatever reason, the problem was gone.
So you may want to try that.

Could the issue be then that some of my add-ons are conflicting then? Because some of my moderators reported the issue to me, but they had no issues after I turned off the happy place.

Try disabling each add-on one at a time and see if that can isolate the problem. Have you checked for any outdated templates?

When my site is 100% complete, I'll take a look at working with our mySQL database. I am certain I can write a script to populate the "text" field based on the "title" field. So if a smiley is titled "happy_days" the title will be called ":happy_days:" or something similar.

I have completed the SQL code to load all smilies directly into the database without the need for admins to manually enter the information through the ACP. For myself, I log directly into the mySQL database and execute the code. I know SQL very well but I have zero knowledge about how to create a package (?xml or php I am guessing) which will allow admins to easily use this code. If I was to provide the SQL code and a smiley pack, is there someone who can help develop the package end of this? If we can set this up we can share with Shelley and others who create smiley packs so they can be more easily distributed.

Try disabling each add-on one at a time and see if that can isolate the problem. Have you checked for any outdated templates?
I disabled all my add-ons and tried each one at a time and the Happy Place is the only add-on it doesn't work on. I reverted all custom templates and tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Idk I guess one of my forum settings is interfering or something...

Top Bottom