• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

The Happy Place - Clickable Smilies Under Editor Control

The "Smilies" tab should draw colors from the color palette instead of using hardcoded colors:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/flexile-dark.9938/page-9#post-181522

Anyone using the happyplace mod can easily insert the following code into their Extra.css template which will adjust the tab accordingly for the flexille dark style.

Code:
.moreSmiliesHandle a
{
color: #c7c7c7 !important;
background-color: #1c1c1c !important;
border: 1px solid #050505 !important;
}

c7c7c7 is closest to @faint TextColor
1c1c1c is closest to @pageBackground
050505 is closest to @veryDarkMonochrome

so I believe the adjustment would be:

Code:
.moreSmiliesHandle a
{
color: @faintTextColor !important;
background-color: @pageBackground !important;
border: 1px solid @veryDarkMonochrome !important;
}

c7c7c7 is closest to @faint TextColor
1c1c1c is closest to @pageBackground
050505 is closest to @veryDarkMonochrome

so I believe the adjustment would be:

Code:
.moreSmiliesHandle a
{
color: @faint TextColor !important;
background-color: @pageBackground !important;
border: 1px solid @veryDarkMonochrome !important;
}
Works great, thanks again

My point is that if it simply drew the colors from the color palette you would never need to change it. :)

Totally agree. I posted this temp solution as a make do as even after an update the changes (above) will still remain intact. :)

I don't have that cool eye for colors that many of you graphically gifted people do, but I really didn't like the adjustment the code above made. The black border seemed out of place, and the word "Smilies" didn't change colors with the Flexile changes. I spent a bit working things out and decided the below code would be best for me.

The "smilies" changes colors with the templates, while the background and border matches the BBCode above. I prefer that look even in Flexile Dark personally. If you want to have the smilie tab turn black, then use the code previously posted except I would still recommend using the "color" property change below.

Code:
.moreSmiliesHandle a
{
color: @primaryMedium !important;
background-color: @lightTextColor !important;
border: 1px solid @faintTextColor !important;
}

Ideally I guess, it needs to behave like the accountPopup dropdown menu button.
I don't even get smilies to click on, on either the iPad or iPhone.
Just a box to type in. :(
It should be showing up using iPad's/iPhone's Safari browser. If not and if you're seeing it on...say Firefox, in that template, something is def. wrong.

photo.webp

Nope, it's not there on iPhone.

Well I'll be darned. I just did a safari update on my iPad and the Happy Place tab there now.
But yeah, clicking on it does take me all the way to my homepage.

This is only on iPad tho. On my pc, using either IE9 or FF, it works just fine.

rDAiU.png

Is it possible to block it from hooking onto certain templates such as the one above?

Suggestion: Perhaps add functionality for admin to set a specific number for amount of smilies show in the drop down - with a link to "See All Smilies" or some such that would open in an overlay.

J.

Top Bottom