• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

The Happy Place - Clickable Smilies Under Editor Control

sections for animated and none animated Smilies (maybe more) would be nice too
Make it more of a big picture feature, and just setup categories. That way, the admin could categorize by whatever metrics they want. (animated/non animated, sort by emotion group, color group, etc)

Make it more of a big picture feature, and just setup categories. That way, the admin could categorize by whatever metrics they want. (animated/non animated, sort by emotion group, color group, etc)
This (categories/sorting) has been suggested before here on XF, and is exactly what I'm waiting for.
That *other* software has it, and it spoiled me.

This (categories/sorting) has been suggested before here on XF, and is exactly what I'm waiting for.
That *other* software has it, and it spoiled me.
That would make this one turbo charged happy place.. Would love to see this materialize.

Thanks for keeping this updated Kier... Thanks to V3 now the only template i have to revert after upgrades is forum_list.

/.....I know that some boards have HUNDREDS. I would imagine that there would need to be some way in the admin interface to choose which smilies make or don't make the cut, and have a link to a popup box that displays all of them.
yes yes yes
If I knew how to make the remaining go into a new window to view "more", I would. Right now, it looks rough with a big mix of animated/static ones. (I've still not installed all the smilies from the vb board)

If this went into the core, I agree with Kier... my expectations would immediately increase, I would want complete smilie management and segregation of the function... if you can do that... hell yer, core. Smilies are a massive influence on product use IMHO, beyond just being a mod. I would also expect a flip switch via the ACP, either editor or dropdown... whichever is in use, the only one is running.

On an iPhone.
Just asking, but is it something to do with the editor that makes clicking the smilie dropdown tray tab return to:
yourdomain/#
?

On an iPhone.
Just asking, but is it something to do with the editor that makes clicking the smilie dropdown tray tab return to:
yourdomain/#
?
I haven't tried to use this on my iPhone, so I don't know. I'll give it a try tonight at work tho.

My users are reporting that clicking the dropdown in Opera and Firefox4 takes you to the forums default page.

Any one else seeing this?

My users are reporting that clicking the dropdown in Opera and Firefox4 takes you to the forums default page.

Confirmed, Redirecting back to the index upon trying to open the tab using opera, I haven't tried FF4.

Confirmed, Redirecting back to the index upon trying to open the tab using opera, I haven't tried FF4.
Work fine in both browsers opera 11.0.1 and firefox 4b12. Tested. I reverted all changes in templates and then i installed (updated).

Thanks.

Salud2

Work fine in both browsers opera 11.0.1 and firefox 4b12. Tested. I reverted all changes in templates and then i installed (updated).

Thanks.

Salud2

Just checked on a default style and you're correct it does appear to be working. I installed from fresh so it's something i did on my custom style which would also relate to the problem that the originator post of this issue is also experiencing. Reverting a template should rectify the issue.

I have a question and I don't know if any of you can help but if you can then that would be seriously appreciated. We use some smilies from a site where the terms of use require that we add a link to that site if we use their smilies. On vB we have a note at the top of the smilie page, but we can't figure out a way to do that on our xf site. Is there a way that I could add a note to the top of the smilie dropdown?

I am using Opera and FF4 too, but cannot confirm that. All is fine here

Top Bottom