• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

The Happy Place - Clickable Smilies Under Editor Control

Version 3 now released. It's attached to the first post of this thread. No more template edits, yay!

Version 3 requires at least XenForo 1.0.0 RC3, and will not work at all unless you revert your previous template edits.

Umm ok installed v3, copied the folder to /library...installed the XML file...and...nothing. No smilies appear below the reply or quick reply box
eek.png

Have you upgraded to RC3?

I presume v3 is making use of the new template hooks.

February 22, 2011
I have just updated this plugin again to make better use of XenForo's plugin architecture. Functionally, The Happy Place is the same as it was at version 2, but now there is no need to edit any templates, as The Happy Place can be applied entirely through XenForo's template hooks system.
Installation now involves uploading a TheHappyPlace directory to your XenForo library directory, and importing the new add-on XML. That's it.
Make sure you revert any templates you previously customized for The Happy Place, or version 3 won't work.
Kier

Version 3 now released. It's attached to the first post of this thread. No more template edits, yay!

Version 3 requires at least XenForo 1.0.0 RC3, and will not work at all unless you revert your previous template edits.

As Kier stated here ^

This update requires XenForo RC3 to work.

So - Will we soon see it in action here on xenForo? - I miss it - love it on my own site. Have also upgraded to this new version 3 after upgraded to RC3..

Oh - Fair enough - was not thinking about that because it was Kier who said/wrote that with version 3 of the package - and therefore I thought that it was underway on xenForo.

Works fine, it's very good. Is there a way for it to be displayed permanently without a button having to be clicked on?

Works fine, it's very good. Is there a way for it to be displayed permanently without a button having to be clicked on?
No there isn't. It's designed like that purposely. So that the smilies are tucked out of the way, until needed.

Hmm ok, i'm just thinking of ways to reduce the number of clicks to get a smilie as this addon doesn't reduce that at all...just puts them in a different place...

My forum's a little happier now. :D

One question--is it supposed to look like there's a gap with the BBCode editor? I know it's because of the "Use Rich Text Editor" line being there, but still:
View attachment 10348
Gap is there and when I click the smiles to add to a post, they don't add into the posting box...

How about if you use the bbcode editor, the smile drop down doesn't appear at all?

Hmm ok, i'm just thinking of ways to reduce the number of clicks to get a smilie as this addon doesn't reduce that at all...just puts them in a different place...
Yeah it wasn't meant to reduce clicks, but to display all of your smilies at one time, but in a more organized manner.

Top Bottom