• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

The Happy Place - Clickable Smilies Under Editor Control

Not really...do you think so? Mind you that all depends on how many smilies you have...the community I am creating will not have endless numbers, just the default in fact. I guess I see your point, if you have hundreds then I guess that's a problem!

One suggestion is that the addon is further improved by choosing which ones you want to appear in the "quick click" (tm) happy place smilie bar, the more commonly used ones for example.

Not really...do you think so? Mind you that all depends on how many smilies you have...the community I am creating will not have endless numbers, just the default in fact. I guess I see your point, if you have hundreds then I guess that's a problem!

One suggestion is that the addon is further improved by choosing which ones you want to appear in the "quick click" (tm) happy place smilie bar, the more commonly used ones for example.
Yep we're waiting for someone to create an add-on for that too. :)
I have about 50 + smilies on my board at present. However I have over 300, or more, stored on my computer.

I have hundreds that i've collected over the years...it's crazy, from really nice ones to some REALLY obscene ones!

When are we going to get access to the uniform smilies.
wink.png

Yeah it wasn't meant to reduce clicks, but to display all of your smilies at one time, but in a more organized manner.

It was actually built to reduce clicks and it does. If you use multiple smilies in posts (which most do) then it's a matter of opening up the box, click click click that's three smilies posted counting opening the slider totalling 4 clicks. Do that with the dropdown menu click (opens the dropdown) click post smiley (dropdown closes) click again dropdown re-opens click smiley and again, click dropdown menu opens click smiley that's a total of 6 clicks compared to what this hack which is 4 clicks.

Primarily it was to order the smilies a little more uniformed than the dropdown menu which it achives utilising the space more efficiently which it also achieves due to there being more horizontal spacing.

Again, this derived from a request with was kindly filled to my requested requirements. Anything built onto this add-on is a bonus and should be taken as such.

Yes ma'am, we know. :)

Apparently not. There's an abundance of false claims and what people are expecting from this add-on. It's a take it as it is and fills in the gap until a fully fledge smiley system is built. It is what it is.

Apparently not. There's an abundance of false claims and what people are expecting from this add-on. It's a take it as it is and fills in the gap until a fully fledge smiley system is built. It is what it is.
hmmm not sure what false claims you're referring to. But yes we do know that this add-on was coded to your specifications... you've posted as much a few times.

For instance, the css is hardcoded instead of taking it's cues from the color palette! I think that's my only issue with this mod. I've got about 35 smilies, but I know that some boards have HUNDREDS. I would imagine that there would need to be some way in the admin interface to choose which smilies make or don't make the cut, and have a link to a popup box that displays all of them.

sections for animated and none animated Smilies (maybe more) would be nice too

Top Bottom