The Big Forum List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering my site ThatGamerForum is still growing I know I will be posting here as soon as it reaches the 100k mark :P

FYI for the big forum people ! :)

The query that runs to find how many threads are in a forum (every time you view a forum) is something like this...

Code:
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM xf_thread AS thread
WHERE (thread.node_id = 27) AND (thread.sticky = 0) AND (thread.discussion_state IN ('visible','deleted','moderated'))

There is not an index that can be fully utilized since no index has discussion_state in it. If your forum has a lot of threads in it and can cause noticeable speed issued with a high number of threads in a forum (more than a second to run the query).

While I've already done it on my setup, I'd suggest an index with the 3 fields: node_id, sticky, discussion_state be added to the xf_thread table for scalability reasons for others.

Updated The list is correct and up to date (to the best of my knowledge) as usual if you spot any mistakes just mention and if there are any sites missing then I'm happy to add them.

Edit: There's now also an extra category of differentiation which is ranked at the 2.5 million posts mark as the more than 1 million list was getting quite long. Its also worth noting that as the list increases in size I may reassess minimum criteria but that shouldn't be for a while.

Updated The list is correct and up to date (to the best of my knowledge) as usual if you spot any mistakes just mention and if there are any sites missing then I'm happy to add them.

Edit: There's now also an extra category of differentiation which is ranked at the 2.5 million posts mark as the more than 1 million list was getting quite long. Its also worth noting that as the list increases in size I may reassess minimum criteria but that shouldn't be for a while.

Are you still highlighting new installations, not imports in orange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom