[TH] User Criteria

[TH] User Criteria 1.0.15

No permission to download
Tried that over and over again. Something isn't right at all.
I suggest you post a screenshot of the user group promotion settings that you have set up. In addition, some details of the group(s) that you have revoked posting/editing rights for that node as well as the group that you have allowed the rights (you could post screenshots for these). It's the only way we can tell what's going on bar getting direct access to the ACP.

As a follow-on from my previous post, there is either a failing here on the permission setup or a failing on the user group promotion working as expected. So, let's break it down into two bits to find out which. I suggest we start with where I believe the issue is, and that's with permissions (which therefore isn't anything to do with this add-on).

Permission issue?
Your user should have the Registered group as their primary group. Any other user groups should be set as secondary. This is the correct way of doing things in XenForo and follows the principles set in this guide:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

If you don't have it set like this, then it's likely a permission issue and I suggest that you re-do your permissions to work like this.

Assuming you do have it like this, then for the node you want to limit, you should have the various posting and editing permissions set to Revoke in the node for the Registered group. Then for the "special" group you are going to use for promotions, you should have these various permissions set to Allow.

So, assuming you now have everything set like this:

Can a user who is not in the "special" group post in that node?

If it's yes, then there's still a permission issue (which isn't related to this add-on) that needs sorting. You'll need to use Analyze Permissions in the ACP to determine where the issue lies.

If the answer is no, then all is well and we'll then look at the user group promotion aspect of this problem.

@SEOmers any response to my posts? Has the issue been resolved? Was it your permission set-up causing the issues? It would be nice to get some feedback on the help given.

Does this addon allow you to award n trophy points for every m criteria?
E.g. 10 points for every year they have been a member?
Or 1 point for every 50 threads started?
Or 1 point for every reply voted Best Answer in Lior's addon?

Did you forget to update the version number in the latest update or something? I've upgraded a few times but the version number is still stuck on 1.0.14a

Edit: version number seems to have gone backwards.

Last edited:
@Waindigo

What is meant by "for commercial sites" ?

What is categorized to a commercial site, could you please elaborate ?

If you are questioning whether your site is commercial, then it probably is. It is usually quite clear if a site has no commercial value. Please PM me to discuss.

Disappointed with the latest update o.O
I won't be updating until I find decent alternative to *******s addons. Which there are still a lot of with no decent one in sight :(

I feel the same pain, Xenforo is one of the most popular software for forums around, but when it comes to addons...
It's lacking, then developers not taking requests anymore, if so, it's for "custom" development of features that have to be paid by one person only, which is greatly unfair.

I feel the same pain, Xenforo is one of the most popular software for forums around, but when it comes to addons...
It's lacking, then developers not taking requests anymore, if so, it's for "custom" development of features that have to be paid by one person only, which is greatly unfair.
Or they expect you to pay for development then they release it either paid where they take the money or free. Either or, if I paid for development for an addon, I would then expect it to be custom to my site.

well there is also if u can get an agreement with the developer

if you pay for this addon + ask for owner ship (but since ur paying u should own it any ways)

and then release it paid but if you want it maintained and updated it would be best that you get a Percentage of all the profits made by that custom addon.

So you have the right to own it
have the right to sell it

But with maintaining it if you are unable to do it yourself
The Maintainer would have to post it up as paid
you still have full ownership but your sharing it with the maintainer
you get a percentage of profits made

it's for "custom" development of features that have to be paid by one person only, which is greatly unfair.

So it isn't fair that I get paid for the work I do? Makes sense.

Or they expect you to pay for development then they release it either paid where they take the money or free.

Generally, you can request the rights to an add-on, but, it'll cost quite a bit more.

So it isn't fair that I get paid for the work I do? Makes sense.
It is fair, what isn't is when some addon or feature for one addon is asked, the developer usually won't support it unless someone pays for it so everyone else can have it. Not sharing the effort by the persons who wanted such.

This discussion is off topic for this thread.

Feel free to discuss it somewhere more appropriate.

Hi Jon
I would like to set a trophy with the criteria "User has posted at least 1 times in the last 365 days" but I am wondering what would happen if a user does not meet this criteria anymore : would the trophy be deleted ?
Thanks !

Hi Jon W,
Love your addon and am busy setting up a user group for each medal I use via xfrocks addons. Your addon helps me setting up the user group promotions.
I can do 50% of the user group promotions with User has posted at least X messages and User has posted no more than X messages.
Unfortunately I cannot do the other half. There is a field User has received at least X likes available, but I miss the field User has received no more than X likes.

Is it possible to add this field to your addon? If I need to pay for this extension, please let me know :) Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom