[TH] User Criteria

[TH] User Criteria 1.0.15

No permission to download
I have a user group "Gold" whereby a user gets promoted into this group after they make 5 posts within 30 days ie User has posted at least X times in the last Y days and the promotion works fine; however, after 30 days the user stays on Gold and doesn't drop back to their original group even if they haven't posted at all during this time. Can someone confirm this is a bug or am I missing a setting?

I have a user group "Gold" whereby a user gets promoted into this group after they make 5 posts within 30 days ie User has posted at least X times in the last Y days and the promotion works fine; however, after 30 days the user stays on Gold and doesn't drop back to their original group even if they haven't posted at all during this time. Can someone confirm this is a bug or am I missing a setting?
It's not a bug. User group promotions (and devotions) are applied to users who are recently active. I would therefore assume that this user hasn't visited the forum recently. When they next visit, the user group promotion will kick in and they will be dropped from the Gold group.

You can manually rebuild the user group promotions in the ACP and this will apply to all users, active or not. However the automatic method (using a cron) only applies to recently active users and will promote/demote inactive users when they next visit.

It's not a bug. User group promotions (and devotions) are applied to users who are recently active. I would therefore assume that this user hasn't visited the forum recently. When they next visit, the user group promotion will kick in and they will be dropped from the Gold group.

You can manually rebuild the user group promotions in the ACP and this will apply to all users, active or not. However the automatic method (using a cron) only applies to recently active users and will promote/demote inactive users when they next visit.
You are a champion Martok! I manually ran the cron and all is good... Yes correct, the user I noticed (by chance) hadn't actually logged in since so the user group promotion didn't kick in - I get it now :)

Thanks mate (y)

There seems to be an issue with the 'user older than X years' criteria. I tried to use that criteria on a user group promotion, but it seems to be working strangely.
I made a user group promotion that should affect users that are older than 15 years, and then I manually run the 'user upgrade promotion' cron, but after I checked the promotion history, it only affected 3 users (2 of them are 16 years old, while the other one is more than 20 years old).
I tried to search for other users which should have the user group promotion applied on them manually, and found 2 in less than a minute. But for some reason, the user upgrade wasn't applied on those users. I've also tried running the cron entry multiple times, yet it didn't affect any other users than those 3.

EDIT: Just read the replies above. Could it be also because the other users hasn't logged in for a while? Though that's strange, because one of the user who's supposed to receive the user group promotion, but didn't, last logged in just 2 hours away from when I ran the cron entry.

Only recently active members will be promoted (or on log in). Running the cron manually won't promote everyone. You can force the promotion in the ACP > Tools > Rebuild Caches > Rebuild User Group Promotions.

Is there a way you can add criteria for the new tagging system and user HAS an avatar? I just noticed the new tag system has no criteria if it is possible.

Hi Jon W,
Love your addon and am busy setting up a user group for each medal I use via xfrocks addons. Your addon helps me setting up the user group promotions.
I can do 50% of the user group promotions with User has posted at least X messages and User has posted no more than X messages.
Unfortunately I cannot do the other half. There is a field User has received at least X likes available, but I miss the field User has received no more than X likes.

Is it possible to add this field to your addon? If I need to pay for this extension, please let me know :) Thanks in advance!

@Jon W is it possible to extend your addon?

@Jon W I've this addon and I'd like to update it but I'm using some other of yours addon like login as user and disable invisble. Question is if I replace the folders and files

Deferred
Deferred.php
Install
Install.php
Listener

does this affect the others addons or not? Can I break something?

Is there any way to add a member of a certian group for a number of days?

This add-on just adds extra criteria to promote users to a usergroup (or for anything else that uses User Critera). This doesn't add any extra options to the usergroup promotions.

Jake

Is it possible to get this add-on branding-free for a fixed price vs. paying a monthly fee?
Yep, you just have to buy the subscription and you get it. You don't have to keep the subscription active to keep branding free. It's a perk of the first month of the support subscription :)

Jake

I've used this for a long time and need to change a user group that I had set as 5 posts every 7 days but can't find where that change needs updating now ?

Top Bottom